Welcome to Peoria’s Sustainable University, a gateway to help residents proactively live in harmony with their natural surroundings. All the courses at Sustainable U have one thing in common: to empower residents to make small changes that make Peoria a better place to live. Peoria's Sustainable University offers a variety of courses and workshops about landscape watering and design, energy efficiency, residential solar, gardening, composting, and recycling among others. Come grow with us, Sustainable U awaits you!
- Sustainable University for Teachers is here! Interested in having a presentation on recycling, water conservation, water quality, or composting? How about a tour of a local recycling Materials Recovery Facility? Visit the Sustainable University for Teachers link to learn more and to request a presentation.
- Like the Sustain and Gain Facebook page to stay up to date on all things sustainability.
Courses and Workshops
There is something for everyone at Sustainable University. Whether you're interested in learning about gardening, how much to water your landscape, how to start composting, or where Peoria's water comes from, we've got you covered. All classes are free but registration is required. For information on our upcoming classes and workshops, call 623-773-7137. View the Spring 2019 Sustainable University Workshop Flyer (PDF) for a listing of upcoming events.
How to Register
Sign up for a SustainableU class using RecPlace. Select "Adults > Specialty Classes" and then choose "Green Living - Sustainable University" to expand the full list of classes. You can register online or over the phone by calling 623-773-7137. Hurry, don't delay!
- ASU School of Sustainability
- ASU Global Institute of Sustainability
- ASU Sustainable Cities Network
- EPA Sustainable Management of Food
- EPA Sustainability
- U of A Environment and Sustainability
- City of Tucson, AZ sustainability
- City of Flagstaff, AZ sustainability
- City of Phoenix, AZ Green Phoenix
Sustainability and Environmental Conservation Assistant