Xeriscape Rebate Program for New Homes – $150
Xeriscape can create a permanent reduction in the amount of outdoor water waste, by planting environmentally sensitive landscapes. Peoria water customers that select a Xeriscape Landscaping option for their new home are eligible to apply.
Xeriscape refers to seven principles, which if used properly, ensure that landscapes are water efficient, yet creative and colorful:
- Proper landscape planning and design
- Low water use plants
- Appropriate turf areas
- Efficient irrigation
- Soil improvements
- Use of mulches
- Appropriate maintenance
Home must be purchased on or after July 1, 2016. Proof of purchase is required.
- Fifty percent or more of the total landscaping area (front and back) must be Xeriscape landscaping.
- The determination as to which groundcovers, shrubs, and trees are to be considered low water use is based on the comprehensive Low Water Use Plant List (PDF) compiled by the Arizona Department of Water Resources.
- No fountains may exist unless they are of a cascading and non-spray design.
- The installation of an inorganic groundcover must not conflict with other City of Peoria landscaping requirements as prescribed by existing policies, procedures, and other ordinances.
- Check your water bill to verity that you are a City of Peoria water customer.
- Home must be purchased on or after July 1, 2016.
- Complete a Xeriscape rebate application form (PDF) and scan or mail it to us. A copy of the yard design and plant list from the builder must be submitted with the application.
- Install your Xeriscape or have it installed.
- Upon completion, contact us to schedule an inspection.
After the landscape has been installed, complete the application and submit it to the Conservation Division by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail.
City of Peoria
Water Services, DCSB
ATTN: Andy Lombardo
9875 North 85th Avenue
Peoria, AZ 85345
We will post a credit to your utility account, after your application has been reviewed and approved. It may take up to 2 billing cycles.
For more information contact: