POGO – Peoria on the Go is a new bus route that will start on April 22, 2019. This bus route will be Peoria’s first circulator. A circulator is a bus service that is available to residents and visitors and connects neighborhoods with local services and local and regional activity centers. POGO is a circulator route serving Peoria and parts of Glendale.
- Approximately 18 miles each way
- Service is free. (riders transferring to other Valley Metro routes will need to purchase fare)
- Route will run bi-directionally, clockwise and counter-clockwise, at 30-minute intervals for 12 hours per day,
from about 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Operates Weekdays, Monday through Friday
- Serving 83rd Avenue, Happy Valley Road, Lake Pleasant Parkway and 91st Avenue
- Serving about 18,000 residents, 16% of whom are over 65 and 25% of whom are under 18
- Reaching 8,000 jobs within ¼ mile of the proposed stops
POGO will be free (no fare charged) and will operate Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. While the buses are owned by Peoria the service will be operated through a contract with Valley Metro. The bus will pick up and drop off at bus stops located along the route. Anyone needing a ride can go the the bus stop and wait for a bus. Buses will run bi-directionally which means a bus will be operating on the route in each direction. Service will be provided every 30 minutes.
Locations along the route include:
- Peoria Eighty Three (P83) District with entertainment, dining and retail, including the Peoria Sports
Complex, the spring training home of both the Seattle Mariners and San Diego Padres
- Arrowhead Towne Center and Arrowhead Transit Center, where riders can connect to Route 170—Bell Rd,
Route 186—Union Hills Dr., Route 83—83rd Ave,, Express Route 573—West Glendale Express and
Express Route 575—North Glendale Express
- Sunrise Mountain and Liberty High Schools and Glendale Preparatory Academy—Great Hearts
- Four corners area at the intersection of Happy Valley Road and Lake Pleasant Parkway,
featuring many retail and dining options
- Camino á Lago Marketplace at Lake Pleasant Parkway and Deer Valley Road, includes Walmart and
other retail and dining locations
- Sunrise Mountain Library and Camino á Lago Park at 98th Avenue and Lake Pleasant Parkway
- Huntington University
- Connection to New River Trailhead at Westbrook Village
- Many options for grocery shopping, drug stores, medical and more
Buses are wheelchair accessible and have bike racks.
Any questions can be directed to Peoria Transit (623) 773-7435 or Valley Metro (602) 253-5000.