What is "POGO?"
POGO stands for “Peoria on the Go” and is the City of Peoria’s first circulator bus. A circulator is a bus service that is available to residents and visitors and connects neighborhoods with:
- Local services
- Local and regional destinations
- Activity centers
- The larger metropolitan transit system
What are the basics on POGO?
Service will start on April 22, 2019 and operate Monday – Friday 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The route runs bi-directionally (clockwise and counter-clockwise) at 30-minute intervals. POGO is a free service, no fare or fee is charged.
Where does the route go?
The POGO route will start at 84th Avenue and Mariners Way in P83. The circulator route will cover the area with stops along 83rd Avenue, Happy Valley Road, Lake Pleasant Pkwy, 91st Avenue, and Bell Road. Some of the destinations served include:
- P83 with entertainment, dining and retail including the Peoria Sports Complex
- Arrowhead Towne Center and Transit Center with connections to multiple bus routes
- Sunrise Mountain and Liberty High Schools and multiple charter schools
- Sunrise Mountain Library
- Four Corners at Lake Pleasant Parkway and Happy Valley Road featuring retail and restaurants
- Access to grocery shopping, drug stores, medical and other services
- Access to parks, trailhead and community amenities
- Huntington University
The route is designed to provide service to seniors, students, the general population as well as visitors to our city. They can access everyday functions such as school, work, shopping, and medical, as well as dining, recreational and other destinations.
- Approximately 18 miles each way
- Route will run bi-directionally, clockwise and counter-clockwise, at 30-minute intervals for 12 hours per day,
- from about 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Operates Weekdays, Monday through Friday
- Serving 83rd Avenue, Happy Valley Road, Lake Pleasant Parkway and 91st Avenue
- Serving about 18,000 residents, 16% of whom are over 65 and 25% of whom are under 18
- Reaching 8,000 jobs within ¼ mile of the proposed stops
- Free service (no fare/fee charged)
Buses are wheelchair accessible and have bike racks.
|83rd Ave / Mariners Way||91st Ave / Bell Road||Lake Pleasant PKWY / Deer Valley Road||83rd Ave / Happy Valley Road||Arrowhead Towne Center||83rd Ave / Mariners Way|
|83rd Ave / Mariners Way||Arrowhead Towne Center||83rd Ave / Happy Valley Road||Lake Pleasant PKWY / Deer Valley Road||91st Ave / Bell Road||83rd Ave / Mariners Way|
Where do I go for more information or report a problem with bus service or a bus shelter?
Download the TSO POGO mobile app for real time bus information:
Any questions can be directed to:
Peoria Transit (623) 773-7435
Peoria Transit Hotline: (623) 773-8642