Pavement Management Program
A program of pavement management requires an accurate inventory and current condition rating of every street in the city. In 2017, the City of Peoria commissioned an electronic data collection to verify inventory and provide an assessment of every segment of road. Infrastructure Management Services (IMS) is a company with extensive experience in pavement management throughout the country. They conducted the electronic survey of the roadways and provided the data to the city.
The data is expressed as a numerical factor, known as a pavement condition index (PCI), which rates the surface condition of the road on a scale from 0-100, 0 being the worst and 100 being the best possible condition. This information was entered into our pavement management software to help establish a budget-based prioritization of projects for the next several years. You can view the FY17 Pavement Management Executive Report (PDF), the City’s Five-Year Project Plan (PDF) and the complete citywide list of street-by-street PCI (PDF) by clicking either of the links provided.
Annual Peoria Streets Improvement Projects
The Surface Treatment Projects scheduled throughout each fiscal year consist of slurry seal, chip seal, micro seal and seal coat applications. (Please note: Applications will vary within each referenced neighborhood). The city's contractor will notify the affected homes with door hangers in advance of the work being performed. Specific instructions will be provided on the door hanger.
Early Waste Collection Notice
All surface treatments applied to roadways in the warmer months will receive early morning trash pickup for at least 30 days after construction is complete. These early pickups are necessary in an effort to preserve and prevent damage to the treatments. By getting the heavy trucks through in the cooler hours, we can help protect the tender new surface. If pavement preservation work is occurring on your street, please have your trash container on the street by 6 a.m. on your designated waste collection day and continue such practice for the following four weeks after the project is complete. The City of Peoria Streets Division appreciates your cooperation in our efforts to deliver the best possible results.
If you have questions, please call Peoria's Streets Division at (623) 773-7432.
FY19 ADA Sidewalk Ramp & Concrete Improvements
On Monday, March 11, City of Peoria contractor, Bunney’s Inc. will begin ADA sidewalk ramp and concrete improvements within the communities bound by: 71st Avenue, 75th Avenue, Cactus Road, and Sweetwater Avenue. There may be temporary lane restrictions throughout this project area while the contractor completes this work; however, access will be maintained for residents and emergency vehicles. Construction hours will take place Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, excluding weekends and holidays. These improvements are expected to be complete by the end of May, weather permitting.
FY19 Slurry Seal Treatments
On May 16, City of Peoria contractor, ViaSun Corporation will begin slurry seal treatments in the communities shown below. There will be lane restrictions throughout these project areas; however, the contractor will maintain access to residents, businesses, and emergency vehicles. Construction work will occur during daytime hours, Monday through Friday. This project is expected to be complete sometime in June, weather permitting.
- Hunter Ridge (May 16-17)
- Country Meadows Units 5, 6, & 7 (May 20-23)
- Country Meadow Estates (May 20-23)
- Dave Brown West (May 28 - June 4)
- Vineyards (May 28 - June 4)
- Twin Palms (May 28 - June 4)
- Arrowhead Cove (June 5-14)
- Calbrisa (June 5-14)
- Paradise Shores (June 5-14)
- Arrowhead Shores Units 1-2 (June 5-14)
- New River Shores (June 5-14)
FY19 COMPLETED Street Projects:
FY19 Parking Lot Asphalt Replacements
- Alta Vista Park
- Fletcher Heights Park
- Deer Village Park
- Ira Murphy Park
- Sunnyslope Park
FY19 Micro Seal Treatments
- Hillcrest Boulevard
- 91st Avenue, from Deer Valley Road to Union Hills Drive
- 87th Avenue, from Kelton Lane to Betty Elyse Lane
- Paradise Lane and Tumblewood Drive, between 87th and 91st Avenues
- Mountain View Road, between 85th and 91st Avenues
- 79th Avenue, between Peoria Avenue and Cactus Road
- Union Hills Drive, just east of 83rd Avenue, to approximately Palo Verde Drive
- 79th Avenue, from Cactus to Thunderbird Roads
- Terramar Boulevard and Desert Moon Way
- 107th Avenue, from Williams Road to north of Pinnacle Peak Road/Tessmer Road
FY19 Street Maintenance Repairs
- 79th Avenue & Butler Drive
- 87th Ave & Bell Road
FY19 Large Crack Repair
FY19 Mill & Overlay
- 91st Avenue (Grand Avenue to Peoria Avenue)
- 75th Avenue (Grand Avenue to Northern Avenue)
- 91st Ave (Bell Road to Union Hills Drive)
- 107th Avenue (Beardsley to Williams Roads)
- 91st Avenue ADA Sidewalk Improvements
- 75th Avenue (Grand Avenue to Northern Avenue) ADA Sidewalk Improvements
- Williams Road & 107th Avenue ADA Sidewalk Improvements
- 107th Avenue (Beardsley Road to Williams Road) ADA Sidewalk Improvements
FY19 Slurry Seal Pavement Preservation Treatments