How to set up trash and recycle service
To set up new residential trash and recycling service, call Customer Service at 623-773-7160.
Who can have trash and recycle services
- All City of Peoria residential homeowners (required).
- Residents with private water service within city limits.
- This does not apply to Peoria residents who reside in County areas.
This requirement is in accordance with Resolution Number 99-142.
Residential trash and recycling guidelines
- Place both containers out on the same day four feet apart with the rear wheels in the curb area (if you live on a major arterial thoroughfare then you will place on sidewalk or at the property edge closest to the street).
- Place your trash and recycle containers at the curbside by 6 a.m. on your scheduled day of collection. The containers must be returned to private property by 6 p.m.
- Ensure that your containers are not too close to vehicles, mailboxes, fences, or other obstacles that may prevent your trash or recycling from being serviced.
- Do not overfill the trash container or load with dirt, rocks, concrete, vehicle parts, etc. If these items are in your container, the container will not be serviced.
- Do not have debris hanging from the side or sticking out above the container lids. If they are, the containers will not be serviced.
- Close the container lids to prevent spillage and reduce odors.
- Clean your containers on a regular basis.
- Bag and tie all refuse before placing in your refuse container (including yard waste). Yard waste should not be placed in your recycle container.
For new single family dwellings within the city limits, trash and recycle containers will be delivered if not already on site. Request a container repair or replacement online or Contact Solid Waste during business hours, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Monday through Friday, at 623-773-7431 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Customer Service Department at 623-773-7160 from 7am - 6pm - Monday through Thursday or email at email@example.com
Please do not place flammable materials or hazardous waste in the containers. If you need to dispose of hazardous waste, please refer to the Household Hazardous Waste section of our web site.
Day of Service Information
The City of Peoria offers same day residential curbside trash and recycling once a week. Find your service day. Your day for collection may change during the holidays. View the holiday schedule for more information.
For More Information
8 am - 5 pm - Monday through Friday,
Customer Service Department
7 a.m. - 6 p.m. - Monday through Thursday