Bulk Trash Clean-Up Program Now Two Times a Year
The City of Peoria provides bulk trash service twice a year to residents that receive trash and recycle services from the Solid Waste Division. The bulk trash program provides a pick up of large, bulky items that will not fit into your residential trash container. If you need to dispose of bulk items between pickup dates, please visit the Large Item Pickup/Disposal & Landfills page for more information.
The 2019 Bulk Trash Collection Program will begin on January 7, 2019 and end on December 24, 2019.
Find your pickup date:
|Acceptable Items||Unacceptable Items|
Appliances: Stoves, refrigerators, washers, water heaters, microwaves and dryers, televisions (Refrigerators and freezers must have the attached doors, hinges, lids, glass shelves and latches removed (Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS 36-1651) )
Furniture: Sofas, chairs, tables, bookcases, desks, patio furniture, exercise equipment, mattresses
Yard Waste: Tree limbs must be no more than 3 feet in length, cacti (boxed), loose grass, leaves, weeds, twigs and hedge clippings must be bagged or boxed and securely tied.
Wood: Wood fencing, wood panels (No larger than 3 feet square)
Hazardous Waste: Oil, oil based paint, paint thinner, pool chemicals, antifreeze, batteries, infectious or medical waste.
Medical Waste: Prescription drugs, sharps, biological waste
Materials: Rock, bricks, dirt, blocks, gravel, concrete, shingles, dry wall, tile, wet or dry mortar, sod
Auto Parts: No tires any shape or size, metal or car parts
Glass: Windows, shower doors, patio doors, mirrors, glass table tops or fluorescent tubes
Guidelines for Bulk Trash Clean-Up Program
- All bulky items should be placed in the gutter/curbside no later than 6:00 am of the zone collection date. Please do not place bulky items out more than one day in advance of zone collection date. Please place bulk trash along the gutter or curb in front of your property. Do not place items on private property or block the sidewalk or mailbox. Please do not combine bulk trash into one large community pile.
- Items placed on personal property will not be serviced and may be subject to a return fee starting at a minimum of $50.00 after items are moved to the curb.
- Items placed out after the bulk trash crew has serviced your street will be subject to a return fee starting at a minimum of $50.00
- Items that exceed the maximum collection size (approximately 6' long, 4' wide x 3' tall) will incur a special haul charge of $50.00 per 30 minutes of loading time.
- Do not place items in any manner that will interfere with or be hazardous to pedestrians or vehicles.
- Refrigerators must have the attached doors, hinges, lids, glass shelves and latches removed, according to Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS 36-1651).
- Cacti must be placed in sturdy cardboard boxes. Bunny Ears or Polka Dot Cactus (Opuntia Microdasys) are not accepted, however, they can be bagged and tied then placed in your trash container.
- Tree limbs must be cut in 3 feet sections and stacked so all point in the same direction. Do not place whole tree trunks or stumps out for collection. Tree limbs and other objects must be less than 12 inches in diameter.
- Loose grass, leaves, weeds, twigs, hedge clippings and pet waste must be bagged or boxed and securely tied to be collection.
- Large quantities of small items such as clothing, toys or other debris should be bagged. Small quantities can be placed in your trash container.
- Wood panels and wood fencing must be no longer than three feet square.
- Styrofoam® - such as packing materials and foam peanuts must be bagged and securely tied to be collected.
- Service will not be provided if bulk trash is improperly placed, deemed unsafe to collect or contains unacceptable items.
The Solid Waste Division would like to thank you for your assistance and participation during the Bulk Trash Cleanup Program. As a reminder, your refuse collection will change during the holidays observed by the City of Peoria. Keep informed of these changes by checking the Holiday Collection Schedule, referring to the Sustain and Gain Brochure or contacting the Solid Waste Division.
For Hazardous Waste Disposal, please visit the Household Hazardous Waste page to find an upcoming event near you. You must have City of Peoria Residential Refuse Services to participate in this program.For more information, contact the Solid Waste Division at (623) 773-7431 from 8 am - 5 pm Monday through Friday or email at SolidWaste@peoriaaz.gov.