Citizen-provided security camera footage is increasingly becoming an invaluable asset to Police Departments nation wide, helping establish leads and identify perpetrators. By voluntarily registering your contact information with PPD through this site, officers will know how to reach you if a crime occurs in the vicinity of your property. Registering your information does not provide PPD with direct access to your camera. PPD will only contact you if they believe your camera could contain evidence relevant to a criminal investigation. Evidence provided by your camera could mean the difference between bringing a perpetrator to justice versus leaving a crime unsolved.
- REGISTRATION: Registration is simple and only takes about 10 minutes to complete the three steps. You will provide basic information and tell us where your cameras are located. There is no cost associated with registration and your information is confidential. You may delete your registration anytime.
- VERIFICATION: Once you have completed the registration and verification process, a member of the Department will follow up with you to confirm your registration. At this point, you will also receive a PPD Safe-Cam window decal which you may proudly display in your home or business.
- CALL OF DUTY: You will only be contacted by the Peoria Police Department in the future if there is a criminal incident in the vicinity of your security camera. Police personnel, if necessary may request a copy of any video captured by your camera, which may assist in the investigation of a crime.
The goal of the Safe-Cam program is to deter crime and promote public safety through collaboration between the Peoria Police Department and the communities we serve. Accordingly, all Safe-Cam registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Video camera placement should not be used to violate any law or Constitutionally-protected right.
- Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Peoria Police for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Under no circumstance shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent and/or employee of the City of Peoria and/or the Peoria Police Department through the Safe-Cam program.
- If necessary, the Peoria Police Department will contact you directly, using information provided on this site, to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
- You agree not to release any video or picture images regarding any footage that the Peoria Police Department contacts you about to media without consulting the Peoria Police Department.
- Video material provided to the Peoria Police Department is reserved for official use.
If you have any questions regarding the Safe-Cam program please contact Addy Inthavong at 623-773-7052 or by email Addy.Inthavong@peoriaaz.gov
To register for the Safe-Cam program, complete the online form below: