Are you interested in becoming a coach for a Youth Sports team? The role of a youth sports coach can be very rewarding and challenging at times. Coaches play an important role in the lives of children by providing positive reinforcement of individual and team success.
ALL of our leagues require volunteer coaches. All volunteer Coaches must be at least 18 years old.
HOW DO I BECOME A VOLUNTEER COACH?
STEP 1: Complete Online Coaching Application (must be submitted every season)
STEP 2: Complete Online Background Check
If selected as a coach, an email will be sent to the volunteer coach with a link to the online background check. Background checks must be completed and passed prior to season start.
STEP 3: Get Finger Printed (We do not accept fingerprint clearance cards)
Volunteer coaches must be fingerprinted prior to the season start date. We offer fingerprinting at our coaches meeting.
STEP 4: Attend Pre-Season Coaches Meeting
The fall coaches meeting is Saturday, September 14, 2019. Coaches will receive their rosters, equipment, uniforms, etc. at the coaches meeting.
- Practice Drills and Plans - Web Links for Resources (PDF)
- Youth Sports Snack Sheet Template for Coaches (PDF)
- Youth Sports Practice Plan Template for Coaches (PDF)
- Coaches Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Volunteer Coach Handbook (PDF)
- Tips for the First Time Coach (PDF)
- Tips for Honoring the Game (PDF)
- Team Climate Tips for Youth Sports Coaches (PDF)
- Sample Script for teaching The E.L.M. Tree of Mastery (PDF)
- Filling the Emotional Tank of Athletes (PDF)
- Rewarding Unsuccessful Effort (PDF)
- Player Pep Talks (PDF)
- Coaching Your Own Child (PDF)
- Coaching in Blow-Out Games (PDF)
Aspen Institute Calls For Coaches Resources (Web Link)
- Calls for Coaches Guide to Coaching (PDF)
- Calls for Coaches Guide to Addressing Social & Emotional Skills (PDF)
- Calls for Coaches Checklist (PDF)
- Youth Soccer Skill Development (PDF)
- Youth Soccer Substitution Patterns (PDF)
- Youth Soccer Instruction Part 1: Warm Up Drills (YouTube)
- Youth Soccer Instruction Part 2: Ball Handling (YouTube)
- Youth Soccer Instruction Part 3: Combo Skills (YouTube)
2019 SUMMER YOUTH SPORTS COACHES MEETING POWERPOINT