RAIN-OUT HOTLINE: 623-773-7575
Those interested in coaching in City of Peoria Youth Sports leagues MUST complete a new coaching application EVERY season. Completing an application does not mean that you are registering your child for a league. To register your child for one of our leagues, scroll down to view the leagues currently offered.
UPDATED! View our Youth Sports Coaching Handbook (PDF)
UPDATED! View our Youth Sports Coaches Code of Conduct (PDF)
UPDATED! View our 2018 Spring Youth Sports Coaches Presentation (PDF)
NEW! View our New Spectator Code of Conduct (PDF)
NEW! View our New Participant Code of Conduct (PDF)
2018 FALL SEASON INFORMATION
Registration ended for the 2018 Fall Season at 6:00 PM on Wednesday, August 22, 2018.
However, there is limited registration spaces per age division. We will begin accepting late registrations on Thursday, August 23, 2018 and continue until these spaces have been filled. Please note: Participants registering late will not be able to provide any request information. You will be registering with the understanding that the City of Peoria will place your child based on the space available in the league.
- Resident Fee: $80.00 per person
- Non-Resident Fee: $110.00 per person
Late Registration Links
- Youth Flag Football - Coed for children ages 6 to 13
- Youth Machine Pitch Baseball - Coed for children ages 6 to 8
- Youth Soccer - Coed for children ages 4 to 8 | Gender Specific for children ages 9 to 15
- T-Ball - Coed for children ages 4 to 6
- Youth Volleyball - Coed for children ages 7 to 13 | Girls Only for children ages 14 to 17
GENERAL LEAGUE INFORMATION
Team Formation: Teams will be based on the number of registrations we receive for each sport / age division. We will create teams based on location and requests. There is absolutely no guarantee for requests submitted at the time of registration. We are unable to switch children to a different team once they are formed due to the many moving parts and large amount of special requests received. Participants and their families will be contacted by their coach after the pre-season coaches meeting.
Practices / Games: All teams will be provided a one-hour practice per week, Monday through Thursday. The day of the week will be determined by the volunteer coach. Practices will begin the week of September 17, 2018. All games will be played on Saturday's beginning September 29, 2018. The times and locations of the games will be determined on availability and registration totals.
Playing Up or Playing Down: Make sure to register in the correct age / gender for your child. Participants are not allowed to play down in a younger age division than what they are eligible. Participants may play up in an older age division IF they are less than 12 months from the age cut-off date AND if they meet the minimum age requirement for the sport. (Ex: An 8 year old may play in our 9 & 10 soccer league, but a 3 year old cannot register for our 4 & 5 year old soccer league). The age cut-off date for this season is September 29, 2018.
Volunteer Coaches: ALL of our youth sports leagues require volunteer coaches. Volunteer Coaches must be 18 years old and complete the following: Coaching Application | Background Check | Be Finger Printed.
Coaches interested in coaching in our Fall season need to complete our Coaching Application as soon as possible. Once received by our sports staff, they add the coach to our candidate list. After the registration period ends, we will determine the number of teams needed for each sport / age division and then determine which coaches from the candidate list will be selected.
If selected, our sports staff will send an email to the volunteer coach informing them of their selection and providing them with information about the pre-season coaches meeting:
- September 5, 2018 for Soccer, Machine Pitch Baseball & T-Ball Coaches
- September 6, 2018 for Volleyball & Flag Football Coaches
Sports Offered in Fall
The fall season will consist of nine (9) practices and eight (8) games. Outdoor sports practices and / or games cancelled due to inclement weather will not be re-scheduled. Click on the link below to register for the sport you want.
Thank you to Soccer Post of Arrowhead and the Jessica Morrison Allstate Agency for their support of our youth soccer league!
- Youth Basketball Rules for Recreation Divisions Ages 5 to 10 (PDF)
- Youth Basketball Rules for Recreation Divisions Ages 11 to 13 (PDF)
- Youth Basketball Rules for Competitive Divisions (PDF)
- Youth Flag Football Rules (PDF) New Ball Size for the 8 & 9 year old division = Pee Wee
- Youth Kickball Rules (PDF)
- Youth Soft Lacrosse Rules (PDF)
- Youth Machine Pitch Baseball Rules (PDF)
- Youth Soccer Rules (PDF)
- Youth T-Ball Rules (PDF)
- Youth Volleyball Rules (PDF)
- 2018 Fall Soccer (PDF)
- 2018 Fall Volleyball (PDF)
- 2018 Fall Flag Football (PDF)
- 2018 Fall T-Ball (PDF)
- 2018 Fall Machine Pitch Baseball (PDF)
Interested in Coaching in our leagues? Please Complete our Youth Sports Coaching Application
- Practice Drills and Plans - Web Links for Resources (PDF)
- Youth Sports Snack Sheet Template for Coaches (PDF)
- Youth Sports Practice Plan Template for Coaches (PDF)
- Youth Basketball Skill Development (PDF)
- Youth Basketball Substitution Patterns (PDF)
- Youth Flag Football Skill Development (PDF)
- Youth Soccer Skill Development (PDF)
- Youth Soccer Substitution Patterns (PDF)
- Youth T-Ball Skill Development (PDF)
- Youth Volleyball Skill Development (PDF)
- Heads Up Concussion Flyer for Coaches (PDF)
- Heads Up Concussion Action Plan (pdf)
- Life Touch Sports Photography: 480-296-2896 or www.lifetouchsports.com
- Basketball, Kickball, Lacrosse, Machine Pitch Baseball, Soccer, T-Ball
- Manhattan Photography Studios: 623-466-6370 or manhattanstudio.net
- Flag Football, Volleyball