Enrolling your child in a youth sports league or team is more than just a physical activity, it can also provide participants with leadership skills, teamwork, communication, respect, and help develop and improve self-esteem. For parents, coaching a youth sports team is a great way to make a difference in the lives of kids as a leader and role model. The City of Peoria offers youth sports programs for basketball, flag football, soccer, and T-ball.
RAIN-OUT HOTLINE: 623-773-7575
Those interested in coaching in City of Peoria Youth Sports leagues MUST complete a new coaching application EVERY season. Completing an application does not mean that you are registering your child for a league. To register your child for one of our leagues, scroll down to view the leagues currently offered.
- View our Coaching Resources
- View our Youth Sports Rule Books
- View our Frequently Asked Questions for the upcoming season
- View our Picture Vendor Information
- View our NEW Concussion Awareness Video
NOTICE: The City of Peoria transitioned to a new program called RecPlace on January 7, 2019. This replaces the previous system called RecConnect. Read a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the new system.
2019 SPRING SEASON INFORMATION
- REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. We are no longer accepting any new registrations for the 2019 Spring Youth Sports Season.
Email Updates: Get notified about Youth Sports updates via email. Subscribe to Youth Sports Email Newsletter
2019 SUMMER SEASON INFORMATION
- March 1 - March 17, 2019 (ONLINE ONLY to PEORIA RESIDENTS ONLY)
- Fee: $55.00 per participant
- March 18 - April 24, 2019 (ONLINE ONLY, Open to Residents & Non-Residents)
- Resident Fee: $75.00 per participant
- Non-Resident Fee: $105.00 per participant
- April 25 - May 1, 2019 (Online, Telephone, or In-Person | Availability will be limited by sport & age)
- Resident Fee: $85.00 per participant
- Non-Resident Fee: $135.00 per participant
- NOTE: Late registrants will not have the option to request specific coaches. These participants will be added to teams that have roster openings.
- Youth Basketball (Ages 5 to 15)
Coed leagues for ages 5 to 8. Gender specific leagues for ages 9 to 13. These leagues are for new and inexperienced players and require equal playing time for all participants. Scores and standings are not recorded after the game. This is a six-week regular season with no end-of-season tournament provided.
These leagues are gender specific. Our competitive basketball league does not require equal playing time and are intended for experienced players. Scores and standings are recorded and an end-of-season tournament is provided to the top four seeds in each age division. These are a four-week regular seasons and two weeks of either tournament or consolation games depending on the final regular season standings.
- Youth Volleyball (Ages 7 to 17)
Coed leagues for ages 7 to 13. Girls league only for ages 14-17. These leagues are for new and inexperienced players and require equal playing time for all participants. Scores and standings are not recorded after the game. This is a six-week regular season with no end-of-season tournament provided.
GENERAL LEAGUE INFORMATION
Team Formation: Teams will be based on the number of registrations we receive for each sport / age division. We will create teams based on location and requests. Participants will be provided the opportunity to request a specific coach along with providing their closest PUSD school during the registration process; however participants will not be provided the opportunity to request a friend to be placed on the same team with. There is absolutely no guarantee of placement onto a specific team if provided at the time of registration. Once teams are formed, we are unable to switch children to a different team due to the many moving parts and large amount of special requests already received.
Basketball Practices / Games: All teams will be provided a one-hour practice on Mondays and play their games on Wednesdays. The first practice will be on June 3, 2019, the first game will be on June 12, 2019. Times and locations will be determined based on facility availability, registration totals and volunteer coaches.
Volleyball Practices / Games: All teams will be provided a one-hour practice on Tuesdays and play their games on Thursdays. The first practice will be on June 4, 2019, the first game will be on June 13, 2019. The games on July 4 will be played on Friday, July 5, 2019 instead. Times and locations will be determined based on facility availability, registration totals and volunteer coaches.
Playing Up or Playing Down: Make sure to register in the correct age / gender for your child. Participants are not allowed to play down in a younger age division than what they are eligible. Participants may play up in an older age division IF they are less than 12 months from the age cut-off date AND if they meet the minimum age requirement for the sport. (Ex: An 8 year old may play in our 9 & 10 soccer league, but a 3 year old cannot register for our 4 & 5 year old soccer league). The age cut-off date for youth basketball is June 10, 2019, the age cut-off for youth volleyball is June 11, 2019.
Volunteer Coaches: ALL of our youth sports leagues require volunteer coaches. Volunteer Coaches must be 18 years old and complete the following: Coaching Application | Background Check | Be Finger Printed.
Coaches interested in coaching in our summer season need to complete our Coaching Application as soon as possible. Once received by our sports staff, they add the coach to our candidate list. After the registration period ends, we will determine the number of teams needed for each sport / age division and then determine which coaches from the candidate list will be selected.
If selected, our sports staff will send an email to the volunteer coach informing them of their selection and providing them with information about the pre-season coaches meeting:
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019
The summer season will consist of seven (7) practices and six (6) games.
Thank you to the Jessica Morrison Allstate Agency and Soccer Post of Arrowhead for their support of our youth soccer league!
- Youth Basketball Rules for Recreation Divisions Ages 5 to 10 (PDF)
- Youth Basketball Rules for Recreation Divisions Ages 11 to 13 (PDF)
- Youth Basketball Rules for Competitive Divisions (PDF)
Youth Flag Football
Machine Pitch Baseball
- Youth Soccer Rules (PDF)
- Youth T-Ball Rules (PDF)
- Youth Volleyball Rules (PDF)
Interested in Coaching in our leagues? Please Complete our Youth Sports Coaching Application
- Practice Drills and Plans - Web Links for Resources (PDF)
- Youth Sports Snack Sheet Template for Coaches (PDF)
- Youth Sports Practice Plan Template for Coaches (PDF)
- Coaches Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Volunteer Coach Handbook (PDF)
- Heads Up Concussion Flyer for Parents (PDF)
- Parent / Spectator Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Participant Code of Conduct (PDF)
2019 SPRING YOUTH SPORTS COACHES MEETING POWERPOINT
- Life Touch Sports Photography: 480-296-2896 or www.lifetouchsports.com
- Basketball, Kickball, Lacrosse, Machine Pitch Baseball, Soccer, T-Ball
- Manhattan Photography Studios: 623-466-6370 or manhattanstudio.net
- Flag Football, Volleyball