RAIN-OUT HOTLINE: 623-773-7575
Those interested in coaching in City of Peoria Youth Sports leagues MUST complete a new coaching application EVERY season. Completing an application does not mean that you are registering your child for a league. To register your child for one of our leagues, scroll down to view the leagues currently offered.
- View our Coaching Resources
- View our Youth Sports Rule Books
- View our Frequently Asked Questions for the upcoming season
- View our Picture Vendor Information
- View our NEW Concussion Awareness Video
2019 SPRING SEASON INFORMATION
- Youth Basketball (Ages 5 to 15)
Coed leagues for ages 5 to 8. Gender specific leagues for ages 9 to 13. These leagues are for new and inexperienced players and require equal playing time for all participants. Scores and standings are not recorded after the game. This is an eight-week regular season with no end-of-season tournament provided.
These leagues are gender specific. Our competitive basketball league does not require equal playing time and are intended for experienced players. Scores and standings are recorded and an end-of-season tournament is provided to the top four seeds in each age division. These are a six-week regular seasons and two weeks of either tournament or consolation games depending on the final regular season standings.
- Youth Flag Football (Ages 6 to 13)
All leagues are coed.
- Youth Soccer (Ages 4 to 15)
All leagues are coed. All games and practices are held north of Bell Road.
All leagues are coed. All games and practices are held south of Bell Road.
All leagues are gender specific. Half of the league games will be played at Rio Vista Community Park and half of the games will be played at Pioneer Community Park. Practice locations will vary.
- Youth T-Ball (Ages 4 to 6)
All games and practices will be held north of Bell Road.
All games and practices will be held south of Bell Road.
- November 1, 2018 to November 14, 2018
(ONLINE ONLY | City of Peoria Residents ONLY)
Peoria Resident Fee: $60.00 per participant.
- November 15, 2018 to January 2, 2019
(ONLINE ONLY | Open to Residents & Non-Residents)
Peoria Resident Fee: $80.00 per participant
Non-Resident Fee: $110.00 per participant
- January 9, 2019 to January 29, 2019
(ONLINE & TELEPHONE ONLY | Registration availability will be limited by sport & age)
Peoria Resident Fee: $90.00 per participant
Non-Resident Fee: $140.00 per participant
GENERAL LEAGUE INFORMATION
Team Formation: Teams will be based on the number of registrations we receive for each sport / age division. We will create teams based on location and requests. Participants will be provided the opportunity to request a specific coach along with providing their closest PUSD school during the registration process; however participants will not be provided the opportunity to request a friend to be placed on the same team with. There is absolutely no guarantee of placement onto a specific team if provided at the time of registration. Once teams are formed, we are unable to switch children to a different team due to the many moving parts and large amount of special requests already received.
Practices / Games: All teams will be provided a one-hour practice per week, Monday through Thursday. The day of the week will be determined by the volunteer coach. Practices will begin the week of February 11, 2019. All games will be played on Saturday's beginning February 23, 2019. The times and locations of the games will be determined on availability and registration totals.
Playing Up or Playing Down: Make sure to register in the correct age / gender for your child. Participants are not allowed to play down in a younger age division than what they are eligible. Participants may play up in an older age division IF they are less than 12 months from the age cut-off date AND if they meet the minimum age requirement for the sport. (Ex: An 8 year old may play in our 9 & 10 soccer league, but a 3 year old cannot register for our 4 & 5 year old soccer league). The age cut-off date for this season is February 23, 2019.
Volunteer Coaches: ALL of our youth sports leagues require volunteer coaches. Volunteer Coaches must be 18 years old and complete the following: Coaching Application | Background Check | Be Finger Printed.
Coaches interested in coaching in our spring season need to complete our Coaching Application as soon as possible. Once received by our sports staff, they add the coach to our candidate list. After the registration period ends, we will determine the number of teams needed for each sport / age division and then determine which coaches from the candidate list will be selected.
If selected, our sports staff will send an email to the volunteer coach informing them of their selection and providing them with information about the pre-season coaches meeting:
- Saturday, February 2, 2019
The spring season will consist of nine (9) practices and eight (8) games. Outdoor sports practices and / or games cancelled due to inclement weather will not be re-scheduled.
Thank you to Soccer Post of Arrowhead and the Jessica Morrison Allstate Agency for their support of our youth soccer league!
- Cost: FREE
- Ages: 3, 4 & 5 Year Olds
- Date: Saturday, January 12, 2019
- Clinic Times: 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, & 11:00 AM
- Limited space available for each clinic time
- Location: Rio Vista Community Park
- Register online at: www.jgaa.org
- Special Contest: Best Dressed Golfer & Caddy Team
- Deadline to Register: Monday, January 7, 2019
- Youth Basketball Rules for Recreation Divisions Ages 5 to 10 (PDF)
- Youth Basketball Rules for Recreation Divisions Ages 11 to 13 (PDF)
- Youth Basketball Rules for Competitive Divisions (PDF)
Youth Flag Football
Machine Pitch Baseball
- Youth Soccer Rules (PDF)
- Youth T-Ball Rules (PDF)
- Youth Volleyball Rules (PDF)
- 2019 Spring Basketball (PDF)
- 2019 Spring Flag Football (PDF)
- 2019 Spring Soccer (PDF)
- 2019 Spring T-Ball (PDF)
Interested in Coaching in our leagues? Please Complete our Youth Sports Coaching Application
- Practice Drills and Plans - Web Links for Resources (PDF)
- Youth Sports Snack Sheet Template for Coaches (PDF)
- Youth Sports Practice Plan Template for Coaches (PDF)
- Coaches Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Volunteer Coach Handbook (PDF)
- Heads Up Concussion Flyer for Parents (PDF)
- Parent / Spectator Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Participant Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Life Touch Sports Photography: 480-296-2896 or www.lifetouchsports.com
- Basketball, Kickball, Lacrosse, Machine Pitch Baseball, Soccer, T-Ball
- Manhattan Photography Studios: 623-466-6370 or manhattanstudio.net
- Flag Football, Volleyball