To ensure the health, safety and enjoyment of Peoria's parks for all, visitors to Peoria's parks are required to adhere to the following rules.
For a complete listing of park rules, please consult the full park usage ordinance.
- Park hours are from 6 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Dogs must be on a leash.
- No distribution of marketing materials, personal sales or fundraising in the park.
- No motorized vehicles, horses or other animals can be ridden in the park.
- Do not mark, disfigure or move any park facilities or equipment.
- All trash should be placed in a trash can. If no trash can is available, all trash must be removed by the park user.
- The following is not allowed in a City Park:
a. Operate a boat, raft or model watercraft or aircraft.
b. Launching model rockets
c. Engaging in archery.
d. Drive golf balls.
- No glass allowed.
- Park permit holder must be 18 and carry the permit with them during the reservation time.
- Permits applications should be made at least 48 hours in advance, however the City may require additional time to evaluate an application.
- The original permit holder must be present during the rental.
- Live bands/mariachi's are not allowed. D.J.s are allowed at Rio Vista Park only, must reserve all six group ramadas and may only play from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The volume of ALL amplified sound (including radios) must not extend beyond 50ft, must not disturb other patrons and conclude by 9 p.m.
- Recreation staff is responsible for turning sports field lights on and off and setting out bases.
- Ramadas will be rented in four-hour blocks of time which are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., 1 to 5 p.m., and 5 to 9 p.m. only.
- Reservations must be canceled 7 days in advance for a refund. Rainouts may be rescheduled and must be requested by the next business day.
- Maximum capacity for a single ramada is 25 people and 50 for a double.
- Ramadas must be left in a clean condition. Decorations are allowed with tape only and must be removed by the user.
- Special equipment (moon bounces, etc.) must be approved, insured and noted on the permit. The minimum insurance policy is for $1,000,000, naming the City of Peoria as an additional insured. Aisles and sidewalks may not be blocked. Pony rides and petting zoos are not allowed.
- Beer permits are for canned beer only and must stay within the ramada area. No other alcohol is allowed.
- Do not disturb or interfere with another park user/group and their activities if they have a permit.
- Deep fryers are not allowed. Gas barbecue grills are allowed in designated areas only with a valid ramada permit.
- Tents, pop up cabanas or any other temporary structures are not allowed.
- During bad weather, please stop activities and find shelter.
- City staff instructions must be followed if asked.
- Ramadas with electrical outlets can handle a maximum of 20 amps or a total of 2400 watts. Please check your item's needs.
- Not following posted park regulations and City Ordinances can result in the denial of the right to use City facilities in the future. Permits can be denied at any time for violation of rule, ordinance or state law.
PROBLEMS - CALL PEORIA POLICE 623-773-8311 . For Park Maintenance issues, call 623-773-8600