Let your dog stretch its legs and enjoy a romp without the leash at the city's five dog-friendly parks. Pet drinking fountains, Mitt Muffs and waste containers are available.
Dog Park Locations:
JUNE CLOSURES: Neighborhood dog parks will be closed on a staggered basis during the month of June 2019 for maintenance. We appreciate your patience during this time as we work to maintain these facilities.
Scotland Yard Dog Park: Closed Jun 12-16 / Open June 17th
Sunnyslope Dog Park: Closed Jun 17-21 / Open June 22nd
Parkridge Dog Park: Closed Jun 14 – 19 / Open June 20th
Alta Vista Dog Park: Closed Jun 20 – 30 / Open July 1st
DOG PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS
All dog handlers who fail to comply with the rules below may be asked to leave, or be cited. (PCC 18-66)
- Enter at your own risk.
- Dog owners are liable for any injuries or damage. ARS § 11-1020; ARS § 11-1025.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and upon leaving the fenced area.
- Dogs may run "off leash" only in this area.
- Gates must be kept closed at all times.
- Limit two dogs per handler.
- Dogs must be licensed, vaccinated, and wear a visible tag.
- Puppies using the dog friendly area must be older than 4 months.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed inside the fenced area.
- An adult must accompany youth under the age of 12.
- Dog handlers must be in attendance with his/her dog and carry a visible leash, at all times.
- Dog waste should be bagged and disposed of in the containers provided.
- Dogs showing aggressive behavior must be removed from the area immediately.
- Dog treats, food or alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the fenced area.
- No smoking allowed within the fenced area.
- Abide by City rules and regulations.
Help us keep the Dog Friendly Area safe and clean.
To report park concerns, call the Community Services Department at (623) 773-7137
For after hours and weekend non-emergency issues, call (623) 773-8311