Let your dog stretch its legs and enjoy a romp without the leash at the city's five dog-friendly parks. Pet drinking fountains, Mitt Muffs and waste containers are available. Below is a listing of dog parks in Peoria, AZ:
*** NOTICE ***
All park and trail amenities, with the exception of splash pads, are open for groups of ten or less. Court lights are operational at dusk. We are accepting ramada and field reservations for groups of ten or less. All individuals should maximize physical distance from others when in public spaces. Avoid social settings of more than 10, where appropriate distancing is not practical. Read more about the city's three-phase reopening plan.
Dog Park Locations:
- Sunnyslope Park - 9280 N.71st Ave., Peoria, AZ 85345
- Parkridge Park - 9734 W. Beardsley Rd., Peoria, AZ 85382
- Alta Vista Park - 10631 W. Williams Rd., Peoria, AZ 85383
- Scotland Yard Park - 9251 W. Scotland Ave., Peoria, AZ 85345
- Pioneer Community Park - 8755 N. 83rd Ave., Peoria, AZ 85345
Dog Park Rules and Regulations
All dog handlers who fail to comply with the rules below may be asked to leave, or be cited. (PCC 7-66)
- Enter at your own risk.
- Dog owners are liable for any injuries or damage. ARS § 11-1020; ARS § 11-1025.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and upon leaving the fenced area.
- Dogs may run "off leash" only in this area.
- Gates must be kept closed at all times.
- Limit two dogs per handler.
- Dogs must be licensed, vaccinated, and wear a visible tag.
- Puppies using the dog friendly area must be older than 4 months.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed inside the fenced area.
- An adult must accompany youth under the age of 12.
- Dog handlers must be in attendance with his/her dog and carry a visible leash, at all times.
- Dog waste should be bagged and disposed of in the containers provided.
- Dogs showing aggressive behavior must be removed from the area immediately.
- Dog treats, food or alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the fenced area.
- No smoking allowed within the fenced area.
- Abide by City rules and regulations.
Help us keep the Dog Friendly Area safe and clean.
To report park concerns, call the Community Services Department at (623) 773-7137
For after hours and weekend non-emergency issues, call (623) 773-8311