Summer Camp is an extension of the AM/PM program with field trips and activities that keep the children busy throughout the day in a safe and secure environment. Summer Camp is licensed by the Department of Health Services (DHS). Funding is offered through Department of Economic Security (DES) for those who qualify. Call DES at (602) 771-0014 for information. Military assistance is available, call (623) 773-7139.
Summer Camps are filling up fast! Register soon to ensure your spot at your favorite camp. Once full, you will be need to register at an alternative site.
Have your top two choices when you register.
Participants: Age 5 and entering Kindergarten to 14 years old
Dates: Tuesday, May 29 – Wednesday, August 1, 2018. Closed May 28, July 4 - Note: Dates are subject to change call for details
Hours: Monday – Friday; 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Alta Loma - 9750 N. 87th Ave. -623-764-0282
- Cheyenne - 11806 W. Butler Dr. - 623-764-0437
- Parkridge - 9970 W. Beardsley Rd. - 623-764-7172
- Sunset Heights - 9687 W. Adam Ave. - 623-764-0160 (THIS SITE IS NOW FULL)
- Paseo Verde - 7880 W. Greenway Rd. - 623-764-0815
- Sundance - 7051 W. Cholla Ave. - 623-764-0881
- Zuni Hills - 10851 W. Williams Rd. - 623-764-1258
Children need to bring a non-perishable lunch each day, unless the following options are used. PLEASE NOTE:
- Lunch Program - offered Mon. - Fri. for $2.75/day through PUSD Food and Nutrition.
- “Summer Food Program” - sponsored by PUSD Food and Nutrition. Breakfast and lunch are FREE Mon. - Fri. at Alta Loma, Sundance and Cheyenne. View the menu. *Subject to change. Get more details about the Summer Food Program.
Field trip calendars for each site are below. Arrive 45 minutes before departure time. Some field trips may have an added fee for lunch or a $10 premium trip fee.
- Alta Loma
- Sunset Heights
- Paseo Verde
- Zuni Hills
- Pool Trip Schedule for all sites
At City of Peoria pools. Registered camp participants will be bused to/from lessons. Registration information is available in registration packet, on-line or at the site. Space is limited. Cost is $27 per child for summer camp participants only.
FEE SCHEDULE: $25 per day | $105 per week
A $30 NON-REFUNDABLE registration fee PLUS the first FULL week of participation fees AND last week deposit. Fees include on-site activities, field trips, breakfast, morning and afternoon snack. Fees are subject to change.
EARLY Registration Fee (Non-Refundable): $10 for current and Returning 2017 Summer Camp participants ONLY. Early Registrations must be completed and submitted no later than 6 p.m., Thursday, May 17.
Elementary Summer School Rate of $15 per day Monday - Friday is available only for children registered for the PUSD Summer School full session. If a child doesn't attend summer school on a specific day, the fee is $25 regardless of they are registered.
WHERE TO RECEIVE THE REGISTRATION PACKET & REGISTER (Please do NOT take registrations to the school office)
- AM/PM Sites: During program hours: Last day of AM/PM on-site registration is Thursday, May 17. After this day, all registrations must be received at the Community Services Department or on site at the first day of camp.
- Website: No online registration available but the registration packet may be filled out and taken to registration sites.
- Camp Sites: Beginning May 29
- Community Services Department
9875 N. 85th Ave. Peoria, AZ 85345
Mon. – Thur., 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Peoria Community Center
8335 W. Jefferson, Peoria, AZ 85345
Mon. - Thur., 8 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.; Fri., 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Community Services Department
Community Services Department address listed above; allow 3 - 5 day to receive and process
COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PACKET
- Registration Form: Read and sign Waiver of Liability, Photo Release, Field Trip Permission Slip, Quick Pay and Electronic Transfer and the program guidelines/policies. Initial acknowledgment on sunscreen.
- Emergency Information Form: Fully completed, front and back (no blanks). Use exact addresses and phone numbers. Attach a copy of child’s immunization records.
Rio Vista Day Camp
August 2 & 3, 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., at the Rio Vista Recreation Center, 8866A W. Thunderbird Rd.
This program is an extension of our Summer Recreation program. $25 per day. This camp gives kids, kindergarten through 12 years old, access to various amenities offered and have the opportunity to participate in dodgeball, video games, arts/crafts, movies and much more. Note this camp will be capped at 150 participants.
Community Services Department
9875 N 85th Ave. Peoria AZ, 85345
Nicole McNally, Recreation Coordinator
Nicole.McNally@peoriaaz.gov | 623-773-8620
Howard Stanton, Recreation Coordinator
Howard.Stanton@peoriaaz.gov | 623-773-7421
Kathleen Kresl, Recreation Supervisor
Kathleen.Kresl@peoriaaz.gov | 623-773-7108