Lil' Learners provides an opportunity for children to participate in a variety of activities and to expand their educational, social and developmental horizons in a supervised and secure environment. The goal of the program is the total well being of each child. The program is licensed by the Department of Health Services and is open to both residents and non-residents of Peoria.
AVAILABLE YEAR ROUND!
NOTICE: The City of Peoria transitioned to a new program called RecPlace on January 7, 2019. This replaces the previous system called RecConnect for on-line payments. Read a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the new system.
|Children ages 3-1/2 to 5 years*
Currently enrolling 4 & 5 year olds.
All children must be able to feed and toilet themselves.
Sunrise Family Center, 21303 N. 86th Dr.
(west side of Sunrise Mountain High School, next to the pool)
Full Time: $135 per week, Monday-Friday 6 a.m. - 6 p.m.*
Part Time: $100 per week, Monday-Friday for 6 hours (6:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. or 12:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.)
*Full time includes breakfast, morning and afternoon snack)
Additional Fees and Information
- A $30 NON-REFUNDABLE registration fee, first week participation fee and deposit $135 for full-time or $100 for part-time are required at the time of registration for all participants.
- Participation fees are then due each Monday for that week.
- Late payment and late pick-up fees also apply.
- DES funding is available for qualified participants. Contact DES at 602-771-0014 to find out more information on how to apply. Processing can take up to 30 days.
- Note: Weekly payments are not accepted at the Lil' Learners site. New registrations will be accepted with a check or money order only.
- Lunch is available for - $2.75/day. If not participating in the purchased lunch, parents may send a packed, non-perishable lunch for the child.
Registration is ongoing throughout the school year on a space available basis and requires an immunization record and four (4) emergency contacts other than parents. Participants may enroll for full time or part time in the morning or afternoon, 5 days/week. Drop-in format is not available. Space is limited, so registering early is encouraged.
For information on where to receive child registration packets, registering your child and availability, call (623) 773-8498.
Lil' Learners Parent Handbook and registration forms (PDF)
To make a change to your schedule, withdraw or note a temporary absence, please submit your schedule change request on-line.
Schedule Change Fees: Any schedule changes submitted in the months of August 2018 and January 2019 will be FREE. As of September 1, 2018 and February 1, 2019, the first two schedule changes will be free. All additional schedule changes will be charged $10.00 per change.
Weekly payments will not be accepted at the Lil' Learners site. New registrations will be accepted with a check or money order only.
- Quick Pay – Automatic payment from a credit or debit card – AUTHORIZATION FORM REQUIRED
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) – Automatic withdrawal from a checking account – AUTHORIZATION FORM
- Electronic Bill Pay – Many banks offer on-line bill pay. Check with your bank for this option.
- RecPlace – Beginning January 9 at 9am Available 24/7. You will need your new log in information
- Community Services Offices – Located at 9875 N. 85th Ave. Available Mon – Thurs, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m., except Holidays
- Phone with Customer Service Staff – Call 623-773-7505 or 623-773-7139 with a credit or debit card Mon – Thurs, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m., except Holidays
Extra t-shirts are now available to purchase on-line. Please choose from one of the options below:
The children may attend several trips throughout the year. Field trips are optional to attend and are additional fee. Field trips or special guest payments will need to be made in advance. Please check the calendar for trip locations, what time to be at site, payment due dates and what the children may need to bring. Parents will be notified in advance of the place and time of each trip and will be required to complete a permission slip allowing the child to attend. Transportation is provided by Peoria Unified School District. Proper identification will be provided to all students for safety purposes.
Parents: View our Field Trip Information page with information about field trip destinations, and the option to sign waivers online (where applicable).
Color Me Healthy
We are proud to incorporate the award-winning Color Me Healthy curriculum into our lesson plans. For more information on the program, please visit the Color Me Healthy website.
It is the mission of the Community Services Department to meet the needs of the citizens of Peoria by developing, implementing and maintaining quality programs, services, events and facilities which are cost effective, creative and responsive to citizen input.
Lil' Learners/Preschool Staff
Ashley Childers, Family and Youth Services Programmer/Site Director