LIL' LEARNERS PROGRAM UPDATE:
The Request for Care for the 2020 Lil Learners Summer Camp is now closed, due to overwhelming interest and limited space. If you submitted a Request of Care you will be informed of your status via email within 48 hours.
We have provided additional resources for childcare below.
Youth and Family Services will be re-opening Lil Learner’s for current participants with very limited availability. The request for care form will be available beginning on May 26 at 7 a.m. and programming will resume on June 15.
We look forward to resuming the Lil Learner’s program, although we do so with your health and safety in mind. There will be modifications to the regular Lil Learner’s model, which includes programming that best follows state, federal and CDC guidelines on ratios, safety and sanitation.
Lil Learner's Summer Fun
Please take the time to select only the weeks of care that your child will be attending. This will provide an opportunity for other children to attend during those weeks, allowing us to serve as many children as possible. We appreciate your thoughtfulness when completing the request.
The link to the registration will be shared on Class Dojo to the current participants and will become active beginning May 26 at 7:00 a.m. MST. Space is very limited.
Cost: $135 per week, daily rates and drop ins are not an option.
June 15-June 19
June 22-June 26
June 29-July 2 (Closed July 3, Weekly Rate is $108)
July 6-July 10
July 13-July 17
July 20-July 24
July 27- July 31
August 3-4 (Weekly Rate is $54; if you are continuing on you will be charged $81 for Aug. 5-7)
Breakfast and 2 snacks will be provided each day. No lunch or field trips are planned at this time.
For more information regarding the health and safety procedures and guidelines our program will be following clink on the following title. Considerations around COVID-19 Youth & Summer Programs
AVAILABLE YEAR ROUND!
Lil' Learners provides an opportunity for children to participate in a variety of activities and to expand their educational, social and developmental horizons in a supervised and secure environment. The goal of the program is the total well being of each child. The program is licensed by the Department of Health Services and is open to both residents and non-residents of Peoria.
NOTICE: The City of Peoria transitioned to a new program called RecPlace on January 7, 2019. This replaces the previous system called RecConnect for on-line payments. Read a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the new system.
|Children ages 3-1/2 to 5 years*
Currently enrolling 4 & 5 year olds.
All children must be able to feed and fully toilet themselves.
(No Pull-ups) “fully toilet themselves” means rarely to
never has accidents.
Sunrise Family Center, 21303 N. 86th Dr.
(west side of Sunrise Mountain High School, next to the pool)
Full Time: $135 per week, Monday-Friday 6 a.m. - 6 p.m.*
Part Time: This option is limited. Contact Lil’ Learners for availability.
*Full time includes breakfast, morning and afternoon snack)
Additional Fees and Information
- A $30 non-refundable registration fee and first week participation fee is required for all participants at time of enrollment.
- All weekly payment will be automatically charged to a credit/debit card
or checking account every Monday. An authorization for is REQUIRED
- Late payment and late pick-up fees will be added to weekly participation fees.
- DES funding is available for qualified participants. Contact DES at 602-771-0014 to find out more information on how to apply. Processing can take up to 30 days.
- Note: Weekly payments are not accepted at the Lil' Learners site. New registrations will be accepted with a check or money order only.
- Lunch is available for - $2.75/day during the school year program from August through May. If not participating in the purchased lunch, parents will need to send a packed, non-perishable lunch for the child.
Registration is ongoing throughout the school year on a space available basis and requires an immunization record and four (4) emergency contacts other than parents. Drop-in format is not available. Space is limited, so registering early is encouraged.
For information on where to receive child registration packets, registering your child and availability, call (623) 773-8498.
Lil' Learners Parent Handbook and registration forms (PDF)
To make a change to your schedule, withdraw or note a temporary absence, please submit your schedule change request on-line.
Weekly payments will not be accepted at the Lil' Learners site. New registrations will be accepted with a check or money order only.
- Weekly payments will not be accepted on site. Only payments for New
Registrations will be accepted at site.
1. Credit/Debit Card - Automatic payment from a credit or debit card -AUTHORIZATION FORM REQUIRED
2. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - Automatic withdrawal from a checking account – AUTHORIZATION FORM REQUIRED.
3. Cash payment. Neighborhood and Human Services Office: must be received by 6 p.m.Thursday to cancel automatic payment for following Monday.b. Rio Vista Rec Center and Peoria Community Center: must be received by5 p.m. Friday to cancel automatic payment for following Monday.
Extra t-shirts are now available to purchase on-line. Please choose from one of the options below:
The children may attend several trips throughout the year. Field trips are optional to attend and are additional fee. Field trips or special guest payments will need to be made in advance. Please check the calendar for trip locations, what time to be at site, payment due dates and what the children may need to bring. Parents will be notified in advance of the place and time of each trip and will be required to complete a permission slip allowing the child to attend. Transportation is provided by Peoria Unified School District. Proper identification will be provided to all students for safety purposes.
Parents: View our Field Trip Information page with information about possible field trip destinations, and the option to sign waivers online (where applicable).
Color Me Healthy
We are proud to incorporate the award-winning Color Me Healthy curriculum into our lesson plans. For more information on the program, please visit the Color Me Healthy website.
It is the mission of the Community Services Department to meet the needs of the citizens of Peoria by developing, implementing and maintaining quality programs, services, events and facilities which are cost effective, creative and responsive to citizen input.
Lil' Learners/Preschool Staff
Ashley Childers, Family and Youth Services Programmer/Site Director