Upcoming Classes & Events
Fair Housing Seminar
The City of Peoria’s Community Assistance Division in collaboration with the Southwest Fair Housing Council is proud to offer a FREE Housing Seminar. A representative of Southwest Fair Housing Council will provide an overview of fair housing laws and Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH).
Did You Know?
- Service animals do not need specialized training in order to be permitted a reasonable accommodation.
- HUD issued a guidance to address how the Fair Housing Act applies to the use of criminal history records by providers or operators of housing and real estate related transactions.
- Comfort Animals, Emotional Support Animals and Service Animals are the same…or are they?
- There are differences between ADA Service Animals and FHA Animals.
Come learn about these and many other important subjects related to fair housing. Everyone is welcome! We invite landlords, tenants, property managers, housing advocates, leasing agents, realtors and community members to attend the Fair Housing 101 CE training/seminar.
*ADRE 3 Fair Housing CE credits will be provided.
When: Monday April 8, 2019 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Where: Rio Vista Recreation Center, 8866 W Thunderbird Ave., Peoria, AZ 85382
NOTE: The Seminar is free. Registration is required at email@example.com or 623-773-7070
About Peoria SUPPORT Services
- Liaison between citizens in need with nonprofit organizations and government programs
- Collaboration and partnerships between the City of Peoria and outside organizations
- Awareness Series seminars
- Collaborative Impact Workshops
- Fair housing information and issue resolution
- View the Community Assistance Division Work Plan FY2018 – FY2020(PDF)
Sign up for Peoria SUPPORT email alerts to receive notifications about upcoming free seminars and events that benefit citizens in the community and updates to the Community Resource Guide.
You can also sign up for Not-for-Profit grants email alerts to receive the latest news on Not-for-Profit grant opportunities, For more information on the grants visit the Not-for-Profit Grant webpage.
Community Resource Guide
The cities of Peoria and Surprise have collaborated to create a Community Resource Guide, which provides contact information for nonprofit agencies that assist individuals with basic needs and services. This guide is intended to provide general information and is not considered to be all-inclusive.
Resources in this guide include:
Download the Community Resource Guide
Neighborhood & Human Services Department
Community Assistance Division - Human Services
9875 N. 85th Avenue, 1st floor Peoria, AZ 85345
Phone: (623) 773-7250
Collaborative Impact Workshops
Did you miss one of our recent workshops? Not to worry, you can learn about the non-profits we partnered with in the videos below: