Upcoming Classes & Events
Intro to Suicide Prevention in the Veteran Community
In association with Operation Shockwave
Come hear testimonies of veterans that have overcome suicide and walk away with new tools and knowledge to be effective in preventing suicide in our veteran community. Anyone is welcome to attend this FREE event.
When: Wednesday October 19, 2018 from 5:00 to 8:00 pm
Where: Sunrise Mountain Library, 8866 W. Thunderbird Rd., Peoria, AZ 85382
NOTE: Registration is required! Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
SSA Benefits Planning
Presented by Jack Burns, Public Affairs Specialist from The Social Security Administration
When: Tuesday November 27, 2018 from 5:00 to 6:30 pm
Where: Sunrise Mountain Library, 21109 N. 98th Ave., Peoria, AZ 85382
Some of the questions that will be answered during this workshop include:
- What are the requirements to receive the benefits?
- What are some different filing options I have (maximizing benefit options)?
- What resources/tools can help me decide when to file?
- Can I work and get benefits at the same time?
- Can other family members get benefits if I file?
- How is my benefit calculated (what years are used)?
- How does Medicare fit into my Retirement benefits?
- How can I create a personal my Social Security account to see my earnings history and benefit estimates?
**IMPORTANT:** Please create your FREE my Social Security account online prior to attending at https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/
View a printable version of the Upcoming Events Flyer (PDF)
About Peoria SUPPORT Services
- Liaison between citizens in need with nonprofit organizations and government programs
- Collaboration and partnerships between the City of Peoria and outside organizations
- Awareness Series seminars
- Collaborative Impact Workshops
- Fair housing information and issue resolution
- View the Community Assistance Division Work Plan FY2018 – FY2021 (PDF)
Sign up for Peoria SUPPORT email alerts to receive notifications about upcoming free seminars and events that benefit citizens in the community and updates to the Community Resource Guide.
You can also sign up for Not-for-Profit grants email alerts to receive the latest news on Not-for-Profit grant opportunities, For more information on the grants visit the Not-for-Profit Grant webpage.
Community Resource Guide
The cities of Peoria and Surprise have collaborated to create a Community Resource Guide, which provides contact information for nonprofit agencies that assist individuals with basic needs and services. This guide is intended to provide general information and is not considered to be all-inclusive.
Resources in this guide include:
Download the Community Resource Guide
Neighborhood & Human Services Department
Community Assistance Division - Human Services
9875 N. 85th Avenue, 1st floor Peoria, AZ 85345
Phone: (623) 773-7250
Collaborative Impact Workshops
Did you miss one of our recent workshops? Not to worry, you can learn about the non-profits we partnered with in the videos below: