Upcoming Classes & Events
Tax Preparation Assistance
for income qualified individuals and families
Tax Specialists are offering free tax services on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at the Peoria Community Center. Services include tax preparation and e-filing for Federal and State Taxes for income qualified individuals and families.
- VITA will provide services on Fridays from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm at the Community Assistance Resource Center through April 15th.
- AARP is also offering free tax services on Tuesdays and Wednesdays on the Community Center side, from 9 am – 2 pm.
Peoria Community Center
8335 W. Jefferson St.
Peoria, AZ 85345
Positive Parenting Educational Seminar Series
presented by: Child Crisis Arizona
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our partner organization Child Crisis Arizona has canceled the March 24th event as of March 16, 2020. We hope to see you back again in the future for our other events.
About Peoria SUPPORT Services
- Liaison between citizens in need with nonprofit organizations and government programs
- Operates the Community Assistance Resource Center, inside Peoria Community Center
- Collaboration and partnerships between the City of Peoria and outside organizations
- Awareness Series seminars
- Collaborative Impact Workshops
- Fair housing information and issue resolution
- View the Community Assistance Division Work Plan FY2018 – FY2020 (PDF)
Sign up for Peoria SUPPORT email alerts to receive notifications about upcoming free seminars and events that benefit citizens in the community and updates to the Community Resource Guide.
You can also sign up for Not-for-Profit grants email alerts to receive the latest news on Not-for-Profit grant opportunities, For more information on the grants visit the Not-for-Profit Grant webpage.
Community Resource Guide
The cities of Peoria and Surprise have collaborated to create a Community Resource Guide, which provides contact information for nonprofit agencies that assist individuals with basic needs and services. This guide is intended to provide general information and is not considered to be all-inclusive.
Resources in this guide include:
Download the Community Resource Guide
Neighborhood & Human Services Department
Community Assistance Division - Human Services
9875 N. 85th Avenue, 1st floor Peoria, AZ 85345
Phone: (623) 773-7250
Collaborative Impact Workshops
Did you miss one of our recent workshops? Not to worry, you can learn about the non-profits we partnered with in the videos below: