Upcoming Classes & Events
Social Security 101: Everything you wanted to know.
Presented by: Jack Burns, Public Affairs Specialist, Social Security Administration
Please join us for a FREE workshop from the Social Security Administration.
In this workshop, you will be provided an overview of Social Security to include:
- When are you eligible to receive retirement benefits?
- How does early retirement affect your benefits?
- Do you qualify for disability, survivors, and spouse benefits?
- How do you get the most from your benefit?
- What is the future of Social Security?
- When should you file for Medicare?
Learn how to use my Social Security online account and other online services. You should go to www.ssa.gov/myaccount to create a my Social Security account and print out your Social Security Statement before attending the workshop.
Pre-registration is required at firstname.lastname@example.org or (623) 773-7070. Seating is limited so register right away!
When registering, please be sure to note the date and location you plan to attend. The choices are listed below:
November 18, 2019
Rio Vista Recreation Center
Lakeview Conference Room
Download Event Flyer (PDF)
About Peoria SUPPORT Services
- Liaison between citizens in need with nonprofit organizations and government programs
- Operates the Community Assistance Resource Center, inside Peoria Community Center
- Collaboration and partnerships between the City of Peoria and outside organizations
- Awareness Series seminars
- Collaborative Impact Workshops
- Fair housing information and issue resolution
- View the Community Assistance Division Work Plan FY2018 – FY2020 (PDF)
Sign up for Peoria SUPPORT email alerts to receive notifications about upcoming free seminars and events that benefit citizens in the community and updates to the Community Resource Guide.
You can also sign up for Not-for-Profit grants email alerts to receive the latest news on Not-for-Profit grant opportunities, For more information on the grants visit the Not-for-Profit Grant webpage.
Community Resource Guide
The cities of Peoria and Surprise have collaborated to create a Community Resource Guide, which provides contact information for nonprofit agencies that assist individuals with basic needs and services. This guide is intended to provide general information and is not considered to be all-inclusive.
Resources in this guide include:
Download the Community Resource Guide
Neighborhood & Human Services Department
Community Assistance Division - Human Services
9875 N. 85th Avenue, 1st floor Peoria, AZ 85345
Phone: (623) 773-7250
Collaborative Impact Workshops
Did you miss one of our recent workshops? Not to worry, you can learn about the non-profits we partnered with in the videos below: