Upcoming Classes & Events
Presented by: Stepping Up for Seniors
If you are 65 or older or disabled, you are most likely eligible for Medicare coverage. Maybe you are about to become eligible to receive Medicare. Perhaps circumstances in your life or health have you wondering if you have the right plan in place. Most people who have a need for Medicare also have many questions about coverage and the benefits included.
In this seminar, you will be provided an overview of Medicare to include:
- The Basics – Parts A through D
- The latest Medicare updates and how they could affect your current plan
- New resources and tools available to the public
Stepping Up for Seniors will share information to help you understand how to manage Medicare and navigate the system so that you are able to choose the plan that works best for you!
Pre-registration is required at firstname.lastname@example.org or (623) 773-7070. Seating is limited so register right away! For more information about Stepping Up for Seniors, visit www.steppingupforseniors.org.
When registering, please be sure to note the date and location you plan to attend. The choices are listed below:
October 9, 2019
Rio Vista Recreation Center
Brooks Conference Room
October 18, 2019
Peoria Community Center
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Download Event Flyer (PDF)
About Peoria SUPPORT Services
- Liaison between citizens in need with nonprofit organizations and government programs
- Operates the Community Assistance Resource Center, inside Peoria Community Center
- Collaboration and partnerships between the City of Peoria and outside organizations
- Awareness Series seminars
- Collaborative Impact Workshops
- Fair housing information and issue resolution
- View the Community Assistance Division Work Plan FY2018 – FY2020 (PDF)
Sign up for Peoria SUPPORT email alerts to receive notifications about upcoming free seminars and events that benefit citizens in the community and updates to the Community Resource Guide.
You can also sign up for Not-for-Profit grants email alerts to receive the latest news on Not-for-Profit grant opportunities, For more information on the grants visit the Not-for-Profit Grant webpage.
Community Resource Guide
The cities of Peoria and Surprise have collaborated to create a Community Resource Guide, which provides contact information for nonprofit agencies that assist individuals with basic needs and services. This guide is intended to provide general information and is not considered to be all-inclusive.
Resources in this guide include:
Download the Community Resource Guide
Neighborhood & Human Services Department
Community Assistance Division - Human Services
9875 N. 85th Avenue, 1st floor Peoria, AZ 85345
Phone: (623) 773-7250
Collaborative Impact Workshops
Did you miss one of our recent workshops? Not to worry, you can learn about the non-profits we partnered with in the videos below: