Emergency Home Repair Program
Single Family Major Rehabilitation Program
Peoria's Single Family Major Rehabilitation Program is designed to assist eligible Peoria homeowners with comprehensive repairs to provide a safe home that is in compliance with all adopted City Codes. Assistance is a one time, lifetime assistance to an individual, family, household, and property. Each dwelling will have a minimum investment of $20,001. Total investment will be based on the individual project and necessary scope of work. At no time will the maximum investment exceed the current per unit investment limits published by HUD for the HOME Program.
Summary of Program Eligibility Requirements:
- The home receiving assistance must be located within the Peoria city limits.
- Applicants for services under this Program must be income eligible per U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) definitions. Current limits are as follows:
Family Size Income Limit 80% of Area Median Income per Household 1 person $38,750 2 person $44,250 3 person $49,800 4 person $55,300 5 person $59,750
- Applicants must own and occupy the property as their primary residence. Primary residence is described as: Occupancy of residence for no less than 274 out of the last 365 days.
- Manufactured homes on a rented/leased lot are not eligible for assistance. However, a manufactured home (built after June 15, 1976) on a lot owned by the applicant is eligible.
- Homeowner mortgage must be current if applying for major rehabilitation of property. Properties requiring reconstruction (complete tear down and rebuild) must not have any encumbrances (e.g. mortgage, lien, home equity loan, home equity line of credit, reverse mortgage, etc.)
- If approved for the program, applicant and co-applicant, if applicable, must complete a homeowner education course.
- Ownership interest, in the form of sweat equity (actively participating during the construction process) will be required if approved for the program. The amount and form of sweat equity required will be based upon the amount of monetary assistance provided and the approved applicant's ability to perform such duties.
- No assistance will be provided for the purpose of preparing a residence for sale or title transfer.
Please use the link below to download the document which contains the complete list of eligibility requirements for the program and the application form.
Water Payment Assistance Program (AQUA)
WE ARE CURRENTLY OUT OF FUNDING. Check back in September 2019.
The City of Peoria's Allies in Quality Utility Assistance (AQUA) program provides emergency water payment assistance to qualified low/moderate income HUD eligible Peoria residents.
Neighborhood Pride Program
Past Events: Saturday, Oct 27th, 2018
Come out and volunteer to help revitalize a Peoria community through the Neighborhood Pride program. We will be painting homes and placing gravel in the Braemar neighborhood on Saturday, Oct. 27th (National Make a Difference Day). Neighborhood Pride is designed to help established neighborhoods maintain their appearance and value. The program is a cooperative work effort between the City and residents to offer assistance to individual property owners for improvement of their properties by the award of materials and volunteer help.
Neighborhood & Human Services
Community Assistance Division
9875 N. 85th Avenue, 1st floor
Peoria, AZ 85345
The City of Peoria does not discriminate against any individual or program applicant on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, handicap, familial status or national origin.