Peoria is proud to host and provide a variety of arts in the community!
View a calendar of upcoming events that includes the Peoria Arts department, TheaterWorks, and other Peoria arts & cultural events.
This seven-member commission fosters and supports cultural opportunities for both local artists and the general public. Information on public arts projects, arts grants programs, volunteering information and artist applications are here.
Information on art galleries at City Hall, the Main Library and the Center for the Performing Arts.
Celebration of Artists - Sponsored by the West Valley Art Museum, this annual art exhibit showcases the talents of Arizona artists.
The Peoria Center for the Performing Arts is a joint venture with Theater Works and brings award-winning theater as well as a variety of arts experiences, youth programming, summer camps and special events throughout the year.
Learn about Peoria's public art collection, upcoming projects and more.
Make Music Day Peoria - June 21, 2020
Peoria is participating in a local #MakeMusicDayPeoria initiative and we invite all Peoria musicians to partake and let your songs be heard!
Make Music Day is an Internationally celebrated event happening on June 21, 2020. Unlike traditional music festivals, Make Music Day is an open invitation for everyone to make music anywhere and everywhere. Some of the initiatives that are currently in the works:
- Live From Home Challenge: Record a musical performance at home on June 21, and tag three friends to challenge them to respond with their own performances.
- Online Music Lessons: Teachers around the world will be offering free, online lessons for a variety of instruments on June 21.
- Street Studios: Be part of a completely improvised music creation session. Record any sound or musical material on June 21st and upload it to one of the “Street Studio” producers, then watch the producer’s livestream as they incorporate it into a musical track created on the spot, using only the submitted materials.
- Bands Undercover: Individuals or bands sign up to cover each other’s original music, and live stream their performances to each other in a unique musical exchange on June 21.
- Young Composers Contest: Composers between the ages of 13-21 are invited to submit short, original compositions for choir by June 1st. A panel of renowned composers will give their feedback on all entries, and will select one winning piece to release on June 21 to the world in a professional performance.
- Global Livestream: a day-long video stream on June 21 will show the rich diversity of live Make Music Day events around the world.
- Bash the Trash: Recycled Musical Instrument Program
- World’s Smallest Marching Band: One-person band that plays walking down an Avenue at a safe social distance.
More details for each type of initiative will be announced soon. Check this link for more information: http://www.makemusicday.org/about/news/
Our City of Peoria link will be active in a few days at: https://peoria.makemusicday.org/