The Peoria Fire-Medical Department will be conducting a recruitment and testing process during the Winter of 2019/2020 to establish an eligibility list. We anticipate hiring opportunities to become available during the Spring of 2020.
All dates are subject to change.
Step 1 (Required) - Initial Application with the City of Peoria
- Go to the City of Peoria’s Job Opportunities page
- Select the Fire Recruit position and click “Apply”.
- Click "Sign in with existing account" or “Create Account”.
- Complete the online application.
- Attach these three documents to your online application in the appropriate location:
- A copy of your Class-D Arizona Drivers License (or a corresponding out of state equivalent).
- A copy of your current and valid Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic Certification with the State of Arizona, or National Registry. Please make sure the expiration date is included in your submission.
- A copy verifying your successful completion of a Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) from a licensed agency (i.e. community college, private testing agency, etc.) dated between July 1, 2019 and December 1, 2019. If you are currently attending Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) class and will be complete, by end of December 2019 please forward your EMT and State of Arizona, or National Registry certification to Firefighter.Recruitment@peoriaaz.gov once received or bring to your scheduled testing day. If you do not have this document on or before testing day you will be ineligible to take the written test.
- Applications will be accepted starting Thursday, October 31, 2019, and will no longer be accepted after 11:59 pm Sunday, December 1, 2019.
- Failure to provide these THREE documents prior to December 1, 2019 will disqualify you from taking the written exam.
- If you have any questions please email Firefighter.Recruitment@peoriaaz.gov
Step 2 - Written Exam Study Material
FPSI’s (Fire & Police Selection, Inc.) - Test Preparation Manual (TPM) 11th Edition
Purchase of the 11th Edition TPM is REQUIRED, as it is the Study Guide for the Written Exam.
Once Again, the 11th Edition TPM is REQUIRED, as it is the Study Guide for the Peoria Fire-Medical Department Firefighter Recruit Entrance Exam.
DO NOT attempt to prepare for your exam with any other editions of the TPM.
To order your TPM (required) and/or PRACTICE TEST (optional), go to: https://www.fpsi.com/product/peoria-tpm-11th-set/ on the FPSI website. You can pay with a credit card, debit card, gift card or use a PayPal account.
If you need to mail in your order with an order form from FPSI, please email them at email@example.com.
The entry-level firefighter written test consists of a reading component ONLY.
The 11th Edition Test Preparation Manual (TPM) is a reading comprehension test and consists of five chapters describing information needed to prepare for this test. All of the test items in the reading ability component will come directly from the 11th Ed. TPM.
TPM PRACTICE TEST (Optional)
The Practice Test consists of 50 questions from each of the five chapters covered in the TPM. The TPM portion of the Practice Test is intended to measure the candidates’ reading ability skills only. The answer key for the TPM Practice Test is also included.
Step 3 - Written Exam
The written exam is by invitation only, and will be conducted at the:
City of Peoria Public Safety Administration Building
8351 W. Cinnabar
Peoria, AZ 85345
The written exam is scheduled for January 27-29, 2020.
You will receive an email (sent to the email address that you included in your online application) with the Date and Time for your written exam.
Step 4 – Oral Boards
Candidates that are selected for an interview will be notified via email with a Date and Time of their initial interview.
First interviews will be scheduled the 1st week of March 2020.
Interviews will be held at the:
Public Safety Administration Building for Fire and Police
8351 W. Cinnabar Ave
Peoria, AZ 85345
The Peoria Fire-Medical Department may utilize this recruitment eligibility list to fill vacancies and it may remain active through approximately January 2021.
If you have any questions please email Firefighter.Recruitment@peoriaaz.gov or call Roxanne Laney at 623-773-7913.