Peoria Fire-Medical owns and operates several ambulances under the license granted by the Arizona Department of Health Services Certificate of Necessity number 146. We anticipate ambulance service to begin in early 2017.
Here are a few things you need to know about emergency medical transportation:
- When you dial 911 for a medical emergency, the closest available fire truck responds, regardless of what city it represents.
- Emergency medical care is provided by Peoria Fire-Medical Paramedics and EMTs.
- In Peoria, if emergency medical transport is necessary, you may receive a Peoria Fire-Medical ambulance or an ambulance operated by a private company.
- Currently the City of Peoria contracts with AMR for additional ambulance response. The closest available ambulance is dispatched for medical emergencies.
- Peoria Fire-Medical does not charge city residents for its fire or emergency medical response. However, there is a charge for emergency medical transportation.
- Most insurance companies typically cover the charges for emergency medical transportation.
- Individuals who do not have insurance, or whose insurance company does not cover the complete charge, will be billed directly by either the Peoria Fire-Medical department or the private ambulance company. No one will ever be denied medical care regardless of insurance coverage or their ability to pay.
Billing for the Peoria Fire-Medical department is handled by Intermedix Corp.
For billing questions please contact:
Questions for the Peoria Fire-Medical department can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the current ambulance service rates for Peoria Fire-Medical. These rates are set and regulated by the Arizona Department of Health Services, Bureau of EMS and Trauma Services. For more information go to The Arizona Department of Health Services website http://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/emergency-medical-services-trauma-system/index.php
|Advanced Life Support||Basic Life Support||Mileage Charge||Standby Waiting||Separate Charge for Disposable Supplies||Effective Date|
|$ 952.81||$ 848.73||$ 19.75/mile||$ 212.18||As needed||5/3/2018|
Download an EMS incident report form (PDF)