This page is intended to help guide individuals and businesses through the process of applying for a business licenses. If you have questions at any time, please email us at email@example.com.
Businesses subject to a transaction privilege (sales) tax will need to obtain an additional license from the Arizona department of Revenue. To obtain the transaction privilege license, please visit their website at aztaxes.gov.
Description: Any person(s) engaging in any sort of businesses, callings, or professions within the corporate limits of the city; or who conducts a business outside the corporate limits of the city and who solicits, canvasses, advertises, or delivers products or performs services within the city limits, shall procure from the clerk a license for the carrying on of same upon payment of the required license fee.
*NOTE* For businesses subject to Transaction Privilege (Sales) Tax: In addition to your Peoria Business License you will need a Transactions Privilege (TPT) License with the Arizona Department of Revenue to file and pay your TPT. To obtain a TPT license please visit www.aztaxes.gov.
Fees: $45.00 (Business License fee of $25.00 and a one-time application fee of $20.00). Only cash or checks will be accepted.
Code: Peoria City Code Sec. 11-151 (PDF)
Applications for businesses located in Peoria city limits will be processed by:
- Peoria Tax and Licensing Division
- Peoria Police Department
- Planning & Zoning
- Peoria Fire Department
Approval/Denial Time frame: Not to exceed 30 days from time of application acceptance. Upon approval, a Peoria Business License Certificate will be mailed.
Business License Submission Address:
City of Peoria
Customer Service Department
8401 W. Monroe St., Ste.130
Peoria, AZ 85345
Business License Applications
Liquor License Process
Any establishment wanting to sell alcohol for on-site or off-site consumption must apply for a liquor license with the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses & Control.
Obtaining a Liquor License
- Applicants need to apply at the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses & Control, located at 800 W Washington, 5th floor.
- Once the State has accepted your application, it will be sent to the City of Peoria for a recommendation for approval.
- Upon receipt of your application from the State, the City of Peoria will send a letter to the applicant with further instructions on how to proceed. A public hearing will be scheduled and a notice posted at the proposed licensed premises for twenty (20) days.
- Upon City Council recommends approval, and subsequent approval by the State, a Liquor License will be issued.
Obtaining a Series 15 Special Event and Extension of Premises/Patio Liquor Licenses:
- Obtain a license application from the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses & Control, located at 800 W Washington, 5th floor.
- Submit the completed application directly to the City of Peoria Tax and License Division at 8401 W. Monroe St, Peoria 85345 with payment of $32.00.
- Upon receipt of your application, the City of Peoria will process the application through an approval process for a recommendation for approval.
- Upon a recommendation of approval, the Applicant will take the application to the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control for final approval. Please allow up to 30 days for processing.
For further information please contact Customer Service at (623) 773-7160.
Description: Any person operating as a solicitor, peddler, hawker, salesman or vendor of goods, wares, merchandise, newspapers, magazines or services, who goes from house to house, or to only one (1) house, in the city, shall register with the police department and obtain an identification card showing such registration. (Code 1977, § 9-1-1
Pawn Broker/Second-hand License
Fee Structure (Cash or Checks ONLY)
|License Type||License Fee (Non-Refundable)||One-Time Processing Fee|
|Liquor Licenses||License Fee (Non-Refundable)||One-Time Processing Fee|
|Series 1 - Distiller/Wine Producer*||$700||$240|
|Series 3 - Brewery*||$700||$240|
|Series 6 - On Sale All Liquor*||$600||$240|
|Series 7 - On Sale Wine & Beer*||$400||$240|
|Series 8 - On Sale Beer ONLY*||$200||$240|
|Series 9 - Off All Liquor*||$400||$240|
|Series 10 - Off sales Wine & Beer*||$200||$240|
|Series 11 - On Sale Hotel/Motel*||$400||$240|
|Series 12 - On Sale Restaurant*||$400||$240|
|Series 14 - On Sale Private Club||$200||$240|
|Series 15 - Special Event||$32|
|Special Event - City Sponsored||$10|
|Temporary/Permanent Extension of Premises||$75|
|*Annual License Fee|