The Traffic Engineering Division is responsible for permit and plan review, design, long-range planning, and operations for the City's transportation network.
- Current Road Conditions (Arizona Department of Transportation)
- Road Closures and Restrictions (Maricopa County Department of Transportation)
Plan Review and Permitting
- Traffic Counts
- Traffic Impact Analysis (TIA) Criteria (PDF)
- Signing and Striping Checklist (PDF)
- Traffic Control Application (PDF)
- Truck Route Brochure (PDF)
- Haul Route Permit Application (PDF)
- Oversize/Overweight Truck Permit Application (PDF)
- Oversize/Overweight Truck Permit Requirements (PDF)
Transportation Planning supports the policies and priorities for the City’s master planning and Capital Improvements Program projects. The primary goals are to reduce single-occupancy, self-driven vehicles, improve bicycle and pedestrian safety, increase transit ridership, and create opportunities through private development to support and enhance the existing and planned on-street and off-street network.
The City is a local partner with the jurisdictions of Phoenix, Glendale, and Surprise and regional partner with MCDOT, ADOT, and the Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG) to ensure contiguous roadway connections, proper street widths and classifications, and solutions for pedestrian, bicyclist, and transit users. Peoria is a leader in incorporating new technologies and planning for future trends and technologies.
- General Plan Circulation Map (PDF)
- General Plan Paths Trails and Trailheads (PDF)
- Shared Use Paths and Mountain Trails
- On and Off Street Network Map
- Peoria Multi-Modal Transportation Plan (PDF)
- Valley Metro Bus Services
- POGO Circulator Bus
Intelligent Transportation System
Peoria’s Traffic Management Center (TMC) is the “brain” behind the City’s Intelligent Transportation System (ITS). This is a high-tech system of pan-tilt-zoom cameras, video detection systems, traffic signal controllers, and central monitoring system all linked together by an extensive fiber communication network. The system includes roughly 60 miles of fiber optic cable and wireless radios that connect approximately 123 traffic signals and 70 pan-tilt-zoom cameras. Coverage spans from the north portion of the Loop 303 to Northern Avenue and from the El Mirage Road alignment to 71st Avenue. Using the pan-tilt-zoom cameras, TMC staff can then monitor and make real-time changes to the traffic signals in order to reduce traffic congestion.
To report traffic signal outages or requests for service, please call the Streets Division at 623-773-7432 or report a traffic signal issue online.
For traffic signals on Grand Avenue and Loop 101, please call ADOT at 602-712-7355 or submit the issue online to ADOT.
For traffic signals located at:
- Peoria Avenue & 99th Avenue – All traffic signals west of this intersection
- Olive Avenue & 99th Avenue – All traffic signals west of this intersection
- Westbrook Parkway & Union Hills Drive – All traffic signals west of this intersection
Please call McDOT at 602-506-6063 or report an issue online to Maricopa County Dept. of Transportation.
Resident Traffic Program
The City of Peoria Traffic Engineering Division recognizes the ongoing response from the community regarding traffic in residential neighborhoods and on Peoria streets. Traffic Engineering staff can assist by improving conditions through optional Speed Humps or Cushions, Parking Restrictions Signs, and Deaf/Blind Child Warning Signs, which can all be requested by residents. (formerly known as the Neighborhood Traffic Management Program).
School Walking Maps
Peoria, let's walk to school! Every public elementary school in the City of Peoria has a Suggested Route to School Walking Map. The purpose of this map is to recommend the preferred walking routes for students.
Peoria Unified School District:
- Alta Loma Elementary School
- Apache Elementary School
- Cheyenne Elementary School
- Cotton Boll Elementary School
- Country Meadows Elementary School
- Coyote Hills Elementary School
- Desert Harbor Elementary School
- Frontier Elementary School
- Ira Murphy Elementary School
- Lake Pleasant Elementary School
- Oakwood Elementary School
- Oasis Elementary School
- Parkridge Elementary School
- Paseo Verde Elementary School
- Sunset Heights Elementary School
- Peoria Elementary School
- Santa Fe Elementary School
- Sky View Elementary School
- Sundance Elementary School
- Sun Valley Elementary School
- Vistancia Elementary School
- Zuni Hills Elementary School
Deer Valley Unified School District:
9875 North 85th Avenue
Peoria, AZ 85345