Peoria’s Trail System
There are 12.5 miles along New River from Northern Avenue to Williams Road, 5.7 miles along Skunk Creek from 83rd Avenue to 51st Avenue in Glendale, and 11.25 miles of Mountain Hiking Trails.
Mountain Trails – WestWing Mountain, Sunrise Mountain, Eastwing Mountain, Calderwood Butte
- Mountain Trails - sunrise to sunset
- River Trails – sunrise – 10:30 p.m.
- Trailheads - 6 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited on the trails. (PCC 18-64)
- Pets must be restrained on a leash, no longer than six feet in length, and pet waste must be cleaned up and properly disposed of. (PCC 18-66)
- Do not chase, harass, or harm wildlife. Marking, defacing, destruction, tampering, or removal of equipment, plants, and structures is prohibited. (PCC 18-66)
- Ride at a reasonable speed with regard for the safety of others (PCC 18-64) (PCC 18-66)
- Alcoholic beverages and glass containers are prohibited on trails, trailheads, and parking areas. (PCC 18-65, PCC 18-66)
- For a complete listing of park rules, consult the park usage ordinance.
- Learn more on motorized and recreation vehicles on desert lands.
Please always yield and do not block the trail. Keep right and pass on the left. Enjoy the beauty ow wild plants and animials, but leave them undisturbed for all to treasure. Stay on groomed trails. Help keep our trails clean.
- Use care and know your ability.
- Bring plenty of water.
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- If encountered, most animals will not bother you unless threatened. Back off and give them room to escape.
If you have further questions on the City of Peoria's hiking trails, call 623-773-7137 or email email@example.com.