Let your dog stretch its legs and enjoy a romp without the leash at the city's five dog-friendly areas. Pet drinking fountains, Mitt Muffs and waste containers are available.
- Sunnyslope Park - 9280 N.71st Ave.
- Parkridge Park - 9734 W. Beardsley Rd.
- Alta Vista Park - 10631 W. Williams Rd.
- Scotland Yard Park - 9251 W. Scotland Avenue
- Pioneer Community Park - 8755 N. 83rd Avenue
DOG FRIENDLY AREA REGULATIONS
All dog handlers who fail to comply with the rules below may be asked to leave, or be cited. (PCC 18-66)
- Enter at your own risk.
- Dog owners are liable for any injuries or damage. ARS § 11-1020; ARS § 11-1025.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and upon leaving the fenced area.
- Dogs may run "off leash" only in this area.
- Gates must be kept closed at all times.
- Limit two dogs per handler.
- Dogs must be licensed, vaccinated, and wear a visible tag.
- Puppies using the dog friendly area must be older than 4 months.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed inside the fenced area.
- An adult must accompany youth under the age of 12.
- Dog handlers must be in attendance with his/her dog and carry a visible leash, at all times.
- Dog waste should be bagged and disposed of in the containers provided.
- Dogs showing aggressive behavior must be removed from the area immediately.
- Dog treats, food or alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the fenced area.
- No smoking allowed within the fenced area.
- Abide by City rules and regulations.
Help us keep the Dog Friendly Area safe and clean.
TO REPORT PARK CONCERNS, CALL THE COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT 623-773-7137
FOR AFTER HOURS AND WEEKEND NON EMERGENCY ISSUES, CALL 623-773-8311