The Office of Communications is a dynamic department of communicators, providing digital and traditional communications to effectively inform and engage the residents of Peoria, city staff, and national audiences. In addition, the Office of Communications provides expertise and production resources to assist all city departments in achieving their communication goals.
The mission of Peoria's Office of Communications is to enhance and promote the quality of life of our community and within our organization through creative, strategic, and thoughtful communications.
Our vision is to have an experienced team of professionals working together with our colleagues to create and support positive, two-way communication within the organization and the community.
What We Do
The Office of Communications provides all internal and public communications services for the City of Peoria, including:
- Newsroom - See all the latest city news and press releases.
- Newsletters - PeoriaNOW (monthly print newsletter in your water bill), Peoria Snapshots (weekly electronic newsletter) and more!
- Peoria Channel 11 - Watch Peoria's television channel.
- Film Permits - Film your next production in Peoria.
- Media Inquiries - Contact us about your next story.
- Peoria Leadership Institute - Get an in-depth look into all city operations.
- Social Media - Follow us!