This page contains a list of Frequently Asked Questions and answers regarding the Peoria Municipal Court system. Leer preguntas que frequentemente se hacen en español (PDF).
  • How do I pay for a traffic ticket?

    There are multiple options to pay for a traffic ticket:

    • by mail to the Peoria Municipal Court at 10100 N. 83rd Avenue, Peoria, AZ 85345;
    • Online: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card are accepted for online payments at
    • by credit card over the phone 1 (855) 581-2433
    • cash accepted at hundreds of retail locations using PayNearMe. Visit for more information. Subject to $2.99 convenience fee.
    • 24-Hour Drop Box: For your convenience during non-business hours, a payment drop box is located on the South side of the building on Court Street. You may pay with personal check, cashier's check or money order. DO NOT PUT CASH IN THE DROP BOX. For proper credit to your account, please include your case or citation number when making a payment in the drop box.
    • in person at the Peoria Municipal Court. In an effort to adhere to CDC guidelines the Court requests that you please do not bring anyone with you as access to the Court building will be limited.
  • How do I change or extend my court date?

    Continuances may be filed with the Peoria Municipal Court but extensions must be requested in writing prior to the court date. To do so, mail, fax or deliver a letter or memo explaining the request to the Peoria Municipal Court, 10100 N. 83rd Avenue, Peoria, AZ 85345. The fax number is 623-773-7407. The request should be printed legibly and include the petitioner’s name, address, phone number and case number.

    Extensions are granted only for good cause. Do not assume one has been granted merely because it was requested. If you have not received a new court date, you must appear on the date and time for which you originally were scheduled.

  • What are the court's hours?

    Court hours are Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., and court clerks are on duty to handle inquiries in person or by phone at 623-773-7400.
  • Where can I find information about my court case?

    You can search by name or case number at
  • What are orders of protection and injunctions prohibiting harassment? How do I obtain one?

    Orders of protection and injunctions prohibiting harassment (sometimes called “restraining orders”) offer protection for someone who is the victim of domestic violence, harassment or stalking. A change to Arizona law that took effect in January 2020 now allows applicants to request an order of protection online. The new statewide system is called AZPOINT (Arizona Protective Order Initiation & Notification Tool). Visit AZPOINT at:

  • Where is the Peoria Municipal Court?

    The Peoria Municipal Court is located on the Peoria Municipal Campus at 10100 N. 83rd Ave. Visitor parking is located off West Cinnabar Avenue on the upper level of the parking garage.
  • What does the Peoria Municipal Court do?

    This court has jurisdiction over criminal misdemeanors, traffic citations, city code violations, orders of protection and injunctions prohibiting harassment. As a reminder, the city court does not have jurisdiction or authority for landlord tenant eviction matters, small claims, contract claims, or family court matters.
  • When is my court date?

    The initial court date and time is written on your citation. If you are unsure, please call the Peoria City Court at 623-773-7400.
  • How do I request Peoria Court Records?

    Peoria City Court records are available to the public. Record requests will be accepted at the Court by mail, fax or email. The Court has a fillable records request form you may use. You may fax your request to 623-773-7407 or submit a request to
  • What should I do if a warrant has been issued for my arrest?

    You must contact the Court to appear in person or telephonically before a judge at which time you may be required to pay a bail/bond before the warrant can be quashed. If you contact the Court, you may receive instructions on how to clear the warrant or you may have to come to Court and appear before the Judge during regular Court hours.
  • Do I have to report a change of address?

    Yes. If you have any pending cases with the Peoria City Court, it is your responsibility to keep your address current. If you fail to provide the Court with the appropriate contact information, you may not receive proper notification regarding your case in the future. This could result in a warrant being issued for your arrest, or a default judgment entered against you.
  • Can you tell me if my license has been suspended?

    If you want to know about your MVD record, you must contact the Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles at 602-255-0072 or visit
  • If I have to pay a fine, when do I need to pay it?

    All fines/penalties are due on the date they are imposed. If you are unable to pay in full, you may apply for a payment plan and you may be subject to a credit check to determine your ability to pay. If you are granted a payment plan, a one-time fee of $20 will be added to your total fine pursuant to A.R.S. 12-116.
  • What happens if I do not pay my ticket?

    If you do not pay your financial obligation to the Court, notification may be sent to MVD to place a suspension on your driving privileges (if you are not licensed in Arizona, it may extend to the state in which you are licensed), a hold may be placed on your vehicle registration that will not allow you to renew it, you may be referred to FARE, a collection agency (resulting in additional fees), or a warrant may be issued for your arrest.
    Online payment options are now available for cases referred to a collections agency under the FARE Enforcement Program. Make a FARE payment online.
  • Can I file for divorce at the Peoria City Court?

    No. If you have any questions regarding a divorce, please contact Maricopa County Superior Court at 602-506-3676 or visit the Family Court website.
  • Can I get a marriage license at the Peoria City Court?

    No. If you have any questions regarding a marriage license, please call Maricopa County Superior Court at 602-506-3676.
  • Can I take civil action against my landlord/tenant at the Peoria City Court?

    No. If you have any questions regarding civil actions against a landlord/tenant, please contact the Maricopa County Justice Court at 602-372-2000 or visit
  • Does a parent have to appear with a juvenile in court?

    At least one parent or guardian must appear telephonically with a juvenile (under age 18) at each court proceeding.
  • Where can I find information about defensive-driving schools?

    Please visit to search for court-approved defensive driving schools in your area.