Peoria residents who wish to take an active role in their community are invited to serve on a Board or Commission. Boards and commissions are public bodies that advise the City Council on various matters. Boards and Commissions are a great way to foster citizen involvement and input in City government.
The City accepts applications for all Boards and Commissions at any time, even when no vacancies exist. Applicants must be a valid registered voter in the State of Arizona. Peoria residency is a requirement for most city Boards and Commissions. Members serve on a volunteer basis (unpaid). For most boards and commissions, a full term is four years.
To learn more, please read the document Frequently Asked Questions about Boards and Commissions (PDF).
Contact the City Clerk's Office
MEETING AGENDAS, RESULTS, AND MINUTES AVAILABLE BELOW:
Planning and Zoning Commission meetings documents are online at www.peoriaaz.gov/PZMeeting.
- Arts Commission
- Board of Adjustment
- Building Board of Appeals
- Citizens Commission on Salaries
- Design Review Board
- Economic Development Advisory Board
- Employee Benefits Trust Board
- Historic Preservation Commission
- Industrial Development Authority
- Library Board
- Municipal Development Authority
- Parks and Recreation Board
- Personnel Board
- Public Defender Contract Review Committee
- Public Safety Retirement Board - Fire
- Public Safety Retirement Board - Police
- Quality of Life Ad Hoc Committee
- Veterans Memorial Board
- Volunteer Firefighter Pension Board
- Youth Advisory Board
- Ad Hoc - Charter Review Committee