These formal written opinions of the Office of the City Attorney are public statements representing our legal interpretation of the law. These opinions are available to the public in the office of the City Clerk and in the Peoria Public Library. Each opinion is also available here using the links shown below.
Note: Any of these opinions may be superseded or overruled by a decision of any Court of Record (Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, Superior Court) in Arizona or any Federal Court.
Because we are the legal counsel for the City of Peoria, its officers and employees, these opinions do not create any attorney-client relationship between this office and any third party. If you have questions regarding any of these opinions please contact your attorney.
- 1991-01 Opinion on Detention Basin Liability
- 1991-02 Opinion on Defining Public Health Safety and Welfare
- 1991-03 Opinion on Applicability of Primary Property Tax Levy Limitation for Bond Indebtedness
- 1991-04 Opinion of Effect of Vacancy of Municipal Judge
- 1991-05 Opinion of Differences between Resolution and Ordinance
- 1991-06 Opinion of Application of Concept of Legislative Intent to Council Action
- 1991-07 Opinion of Impact of Signed Initiative Petitions
- 1991-08 Opinion on Defining the Terms Reclassification and Retitle
- 1991-12 Opinion on Legal Issues on Vacancy and Resignation
- 1992-01 Opinion on Assessing Impact Fees on Mobile Homes
- 1992-02 Opinion on Renomination and Confirmation of Department Director
- 1992-04 Opinion on Handicap Provisions - Federal Pre-emption
- 1992-05 Opinion on Handicap Provisions and Title 34 - Public Buildings.
- 1992-06 Opinion on Use of City Sales Tax Revenues - Book Processing
- 1992-07 Opinion on Calculating Nomination Signature Requirements
- 1992-08 Opinion on Election Issues - Inactive Voter, Form of ID, Nomination Petitions
- 1993-01 Opinion on Standards for Public Release of Police Reports
- 1993-02 Opinion on Definition of Public Records and Use of Commercial Purpose Requirements
- 1993-04 Opinion of Requirement for Screen Walls
- 1993-06 Opinion on Interpretation of Sign Code