City of Peoria Lil' Learners
We provide an opportunity for children to participate in a variety of activities and to expand their educational, social and developmental horizons in a supervised and secure environment. The goal of the program is the total well being of each child. The program is licensed by the Department of Health Services and is open to both residents and non-residents of Peoria.
Lil' Learners Summer Fun Program
This is the same Lil’ Learner’s with a little summer kick. The Lil’ Learner’s summer program incorporates field trips, guest speakers and activities into the regular curriculum. Field trips are offered through the week to Harkins movies, Wazee’s World, Sunrise Pool swim and Oasis Gymnastics focusing on gross motor skills. Possible guest speakers are Peoria Fire Department, Oliver the Otter, sun safety and bike and helmet safety. Space is limited.
|Children ages 3 yrs, 6 months to 5.*
Full Time: Monday-Friday 6 a.m. - 6 p.m.**
Part Time: Monday-Friday***
$125 per week - Full Time
$90 per week - Part Time
Sunrise Family Center, 21303 N. 86th Dr.
(west side of Sunrise Mountain High School,
next to the pool) see map below
*All children must be able to
feed and toilet themselves. (No Pull-ups)
**Full time includes breakfast, morning
and afternoon snack)
***Part-time care is 6 hours
or less a day Monday through Friday
Payment Options »
|Click on the video to see the program in action!
Additional Fees and Information:
- A $30 NON-REFUNDABLE registration fee and the first week participation fee are required at the time of registration for all participants.
- Participation fees are then due each Monday for that week.
- Late payment and late pick-up fees also apply.
- DES funding is available for qualified participants. Contact DES at 602-771-0014 to find out more information on how to apply. Processing can take up to 30 days.
- Note: Weekly payments are not accepted at the Lil' Learners site. New registrations will be accepted with a check or money order only.
- Lunch is available for - $2.75/day. If not participating in the purchased lunch, parents may send a packed, non-perishable lunch for the child.
Registration is ongoing throughout the school year on a space available basis and requires an immunization record and four (4) emergency contacts other than parents. Participants may enroll for full time or part time in the morning or afternoon, 5 days/week. Drop-in format is not available. Space is limited, so registering early is encouraged.
For information on where to receive child registration packets, registering your child and availability, call (623) 773-8498. You may also download the Parent Handbook and registration forms by clicking here.
To make a change to your schedule, withdraw or note a temporary absense, download the Notice of Schedule Change form.
All the information above is the same for the year-round program. Please download the Parent Handbook for more program details.
Lil' Learners/Preschool Staff
We are proud to announce we have incorporated the award-winning Color Me Healthy curriculum into our lesson plans. For more information on Color Me Healthy visit their website here.
It is the mission of the Community Services Department to meet the needs of the citizens of Peoria by developing, implementing and maintaining quality programs, services, events and facilities which are cost effective, creative and responsive to citizen input.