Sunrise Mountain Trail
Trail Head Location:
27100 N. WestWing Parkway, Peoria, AZ 85383
To view map, click here
Photos courtesy of Dennis Smith
Mountain Trail Rules
- Trails are closed from sundown to sunrise (PCC 18-63)
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited on the trails and are restricted to designated parking areas only, except emergency and authorized service vehicles (PCC 18-64)
Click here to learn more on motorized and recreation vehicles on desert lands.
- Pets must be restrained on a leash, no longer than six feet in length, and pet waste must be cleaned up and properly disposed of. (PCC 18-66)
- Do not chase, harass, or harm wildlife. Marking, defacing, destruction, tampering, or removal of equipment, plants, and structures is prohibited. (PCC 18-66)
- Ride at a reasonable speed with regard for the safety of others (PCC 18-64) (PCC 18-66)
- Alcoholic beverages and glass containers are prohibited on trails, trailhead, and parking areas. (PCC 18-65, PCC 18-66)
- Enjoy the beauty of wild plants and animals, but leave them undisturbed for all to treasure. Stay on groomed trails.
- Use care and know your ability.
- Bring plenty of water.
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- If encountered, most animals will not bother you unless threatened. Back off and give them room to escape.
If you have further questions on the City's hiking trails, please call 623-773-7137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.