2016 Bulk Trash Clean-Up Program Now Two Times a Year.
Effective January 2016, the City will now offer bulk trash service twice a year for large, bulky items that will not fit into a residential garbage container.
The Bulk Trash Collection Program is intended for current City of Peoria residents who receive solid waste services. To setup refuse collection services with the City of Peoria, please call 623-773-7160.
The 2016 Bulk Trash Collection Program will begin on January 11, 2016 and end on December 23, 2016. View or download the map below to obtain the collection dates for your zone.
Find your pickup date: View the Interactive Bulk Trash Clean-up Program map.
View or Download 2016 Bulk Trash Clean-Up Program Map(PDF)
If you have questions or need assistance with your schedule, please feel free to contact the Solid Waste Division at 623-773-7431.
Stoves, refrigerators, washers, water heaters, microwaves and dryers, televisions (Please remove doors on appliances)
Sofas, chairs, tables, bookcases, desks, patio furniture, exercise equipment, mattresses
Tree limbs must be no more than 3 to 4 feet in length, cacti (boxed), branches, bagged grass/leaves
Wood fencing, wood panels
Motor oil, oil based paint, paint thinner, cleaners, gasoline, pool chemicals, or any other hazardous liquids
Prescription drugs, sharps, biological waste
Rock, bricks, dirt, block, concrete, tile, wet or dry mortar, sod, gravel
Tires, auto batteries
Roofing material, glass doors, windows, animal waste
Guidelines for Bulk Trash Clean-Up Program
- Items must be placed curbside on the day before your scheduled zone. Items placed out any earlier may be subject to Code Enforcement.
- Collection begins at 6:00 a.m. Items which are put out after the truck has serviced your street will be subject to a return fee starting at a minimum of $25.00.
- Appliance doors must be removed as a safety precaution.
- Cacti must be placed in sturdy cardboard boxes.
- Tree limbs must be cut in 3 to 4 feet sections and stacked parallel to curb.
- All leaves/grass must be bagged/tied. Loose leaves and grass will not be collected.
- Piles must not exceed 10 cubic yards in size (ex: a mid-sized car). Please contact Solid Waste at 623-773-7431 to obtain a quote for larger piles.
- Do not place bulk items over sprinklers, cable boxes, near decorative borders or on grass/desert landscaping. It is the residents’ responsibility to maintain landscaping if disturbed by equipment.
- Do not place items within five feet of parked cars, fences, utility boxes, water meters, mailboxes, or other fixed objects. Items on PRIVATE PROPERTY will not be picked up.
- Service will not be provided if bulk trash is improperly placed, deemed unsafe to collect or contains unacceptable items.
The Solid Waste Division would like to thank you for your assistance and participation during the Bulk Trash Cleanup Program. As a reminder, your refuse collection will change during the holidays observed by the City of Peoria. Keep informed of these changes by checking the Holiday Collection Schedule on this website, referring to your Solid Waste Collection and Information Brochure or contacting the Solid Waste Division.
For Hazardous Waste Disposal, click here for a list of the upcoming dates of the Household Hazardous Waste drop off events. You must have City of Peoria Residential Refuse Services to participate in this program.
For more information, contact the Solid Waste Division at 623-773-7431 from 8 am - 5 pm Monday through Friday or email at SolidWaste@PeoriaAz.gov or Customer Service during our business hours, 7 am - 6 pm - Monday through Thursday, at 623-773-7160 or email at CustomerService@PeoriaAz.gov.