Traffic Engineering Division
Flashing Yellow Lights being Installed on Five Intersections
The City of Peoria is installing the flashing yellows on five intersections:
- 75th Ave and Thunderbird Rd. – (scheduled for next week)
- 83rd/Cotton – we are removing the west bound double lefts and allowing a permissive movement (installed by mid- Feb)
- 83rd/Peoria N. – we are removing the west bound double lefts and allowing a permissive movement (installed by mid- Feb)
- 83rd/Peoria S. - we are removing the west bound double lefts and allowing a permissive movement (installed by mid- Feb)
- Lake Pleasant Road and Beardsley – we are removing the south bound double left turns and allowing permissive movements (installed by May)
The new signal is shown to be safer than the existing five section head with a green arrow. At 75th and Thunderbird Rd. they are being installed to enhance the safety of the intersection.
Traffic performed a study that shows that the three intersections on 83rd avenue and the new intersection at LPR and Beardsley will function better by allowing a permissive movement for left turners instead of only allowing protected left turn movements.
Download a copy of the Flashing Yellow Light Flyer.
About the Traffic Engineering Division
The Traffic Engineering Division is responsible for establishing traffic engineering standards, reviewing traffic impact studies, reviewing pavement marking and signing plans, coordinating traffic counts, conducting traffic investigations, preparing suggested routes to school plans , representing the city on various transportation committees such as MAG, AZTech, Valley Traffic Engineers Committee and others. We coordinate the Neighborhood Traffic Management Program (NTMP) and oversee the construction of traffic signals and proper traffic control for the City of Peoria.
View the Traffic Engineering Division organization chart
Learn more about:
Traffic Engineering Division Staff Contact Info
9875 N. 85th Avenue, First Floor
Peoria AZ 85345
623-773-7394 (Main Phone)
623-773-7211 (Main Fax)