High-Efficiency Toilet Rebate - up to $100
How it works: High-efficiency toilets (HETs) are rated 1.28 gallons per flush or less. Toilets installed in homes prior to 1994 typically had flush rates in the 3.5 to 7.0 gallons per flush. Replacing these toilets with HETs will significantly reduce water consumption over time.
- Check your water bill to verify that you are a City of Peoria water or sewer customer.
- Verify that your home or business was built prior to 1994.
- Purchase up to three high efficiency toilets.
- Make sure the receipt / invoice lists the actual cost of the high effieciency toilet, excluding taxes and installation fees.
- Install your high efficiency toilet(s) or have them installed.
- Submit completed application with receipt / invoice.
- It may take up to 2 billing cycles for credit to post to your account.
- HETs must be purchased on or after July 1, 2015.
- The rebate amount may not exceed the amount paid for the HET before tax.
- Maximum of three toilet credits per utility account.
Procedure: All potential applicants must first complete a fillable pdf or print and send in the Rebate Application.
After installing the high-efficiency toilet, complete the application and submit it to the Environmental Resources Division. A member of our staff will review your application and purchase receipt. After approval of your application, the credit amount will be credited to your City of Peoria utility account within 1-2 billing cycles. A member of the Environmental Resources Division staff will notify you once this has been approved.
Environmental Resources Division