Xeriscape - New Home Rebate Program – $150
How it works: Xeriscape can create a permanent reduction in the amount of outdoor water waste, by planting environmentally sensitive landscapes. Peoria water customers that converted to Xeriscape saved an average of 19% on their water use.
Xeriscape refers to seven principles, which if used properly, ensure that landscapes are water efficient, yet creative and colorful:
- Proper landscape planning and design
- Low water use plants
- Appropriate turf areas
- Efficient irrigation
- Soil improvements
- Use of mulches
- Appropriate maintenance
Minimum planting of 50% low water use plant material (at maturity) installed. City of Peoria water customer accounts will be credited up to $150. Inspection of property required after completion.
Rebate Procedure: An account holder will be eligible to receive a rebate - If they meet the following qualifications:
- Check your water bill to verity that you are a City of Peoria water customer.
- Complete an application and scan or mail it to us. Proof of new home construction is required. Sales contract or purchase agreement must be attached to application. A copy of the yard design, irrigation plan, and plant list from the builder must be submitted with the application.
- Install you Xeriscape or have it installed. (Save your receipt/invoice copies.)
- Upon completion, contact us to schedule an inspection.
- Home must be purchased on or after July 1, 2015.
The determination as to which groundcovers, shrubs, and trees are to be considered low water use is based on the comprehensive Low-Water-Use Plant List compiled by the Arizona Department of Water Resources. To view the Arizona Department of Water Resources Phoenix Active Management Area Drought Tolerant / Low Water Use Plant List click HERE.
Environmental Resources Division