City of Peoria Tiny Tots Program
4 and 5 year olds
May 31 - July 21; Mon. – Fri.; 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
• Peoria Elementary, 11501 N. 79th Ave.
• Apache Elementary, 8633 W. John Cabot Rd.
Fee: $65/Residents; $110/Non-Residents
(Includes T-shirt and morning snack)
All field trips and some special activities
are an additional fee and are optional.
Tiny Tots is licensed by the Department of Health Services and provides daily arts and crafts, music and story time, group games and free play for the children to enjoy. Optional off-site field trips will be offered throughout the week for an additional cost. Field trip information will be available at the sites and online beginning May 16. Tiny Tots is an excellent place for your child to develop social skills and enjoy great activities, however, it is not a pre-school or daycare, it is a recreation-based program. If you have any questions please call before registering. Children may attend any days and times that are convenient. Birth certificates will be requested upon registration.
Click here for the Registration Packet and Parent Handbook
- LUNCH: Children need to bring a non-perishable lunch and a morning snack each day they attend, unless the following option is used.
- Friday Lunch: offered various Fridays for $5 from a variety of vendors (Sonic, Subs, Sardella’s, etc).
- Peoria Elementary location only: “Summer Food Program” sponsored by PUSD Food and Nutrition offers FREE breakfast and lunch Mon. - Thur.
- FIELD TRIPS: Scheduled daily. Review site calendar daily for updates or talk to the site leader for information. Arrive at 8 a.m. or 45 minutes before departure time, so your child does not miss the trip. No refunds are given for missed trips. Online payment and trip coupons are available for parents to pay ahead alleviating standing in line daily to pay for the field trips. You can pay a few days or 1 - 2 weeks at a time. Parents or legal guardian will still need to sign the official “Trip Permission Slip” for each trip.
A separate field trip permission slip is required for each program site. Please remember as stated in the Parent Handbook, written permission is required from the parent prior to the departure of the trip. Friends, relatives, and siblings don't count. In addition to filling out the field trip permission slip, please remember to visit the Field Trip Table each day you drop your child off to sign up for the trip that day.
WHERE TO RECEIVE REGISTRATION PACKET & REGISTER
(Please do NOT take registrations to the school office)
- AM/PM Sites: During program hours (**Cash cannot be accepted onsite at these locations. Please pay with a check or money order)
- Website: Check back in late April
- Program Sites: Beginning May 31
- Community Services Department, 9875 N. 85th Ave., Peoria AZ 85345
Mon. – Thur., 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Peoria Community Center, 8335 W. Jefferson
Mon. - Thur., 8 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.; Fri., 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Community Services Department address listed above; allow 3 - 5 day to receive and process
COMPLETING THE TINY TOTS REGISTRATION PACKET
- Registration Form: Read and sign Waiver of Liability, Photo Release and the program guidelines/policies. Initial acknowledgment on sunscreen.
- Emergency Information Form: Fully complete, front and back (no blanks). Use exact addresses and phone numbers. Attach a copy of child’s immunization records.
- Birth Certificate - Must be available at time of registration to verify age.
PARENT INFORMATION LETTER: A parent letter will be emailed out for those who provide a valid email address on their registration. The letter will contain
basic program information, the first weeks of coupons and a schedule of the main field trips.
Resident Rate: If where you permanently reside or live is located within the corporate limits of the City of Peoria and you pay property taxes to the City, you are eligible for the resident rate. Proof of residency is required at the time of registration. Acceptable proof is a copy of your property tax statement showing the physical location of your residence or we can look this up at www.Maricopacounty.org.
Important Registration Information: Please Read
You must complete the Emergency Information Form completely according to the Department of Health Services and the City of Peoria. There can be NO blanks and all addresses must be complete with street address, city, state and zip. You must have 2 full complete contacts with full address and different phone numbers from each other and the Parents/Guardians. The other 2 contacts may be phone numbers different from the others.
Complete the Hospital and Dr. in the same above format.
If it is not complete, it will not be accepted.
You must also provide a copy of your child’s immunization record. Sites may not have access to a copy machine. Registration will not be accepted without the immunization record copy.
- Please bring a copy of your child’s birth certificate for proof of age the first day of attendance at the program.
- Please allow 15-30 minutes the first day of program due to the high volume of participants and questions.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact:
Nikita Rossow, Youth Programs Coordinator