Fire Department Candidate Oral Board Information
Thank you for your interest in the Peoria Fire Department. Candidates that will continue to move forward will be notified via email to schedule testing and interview times.
Although you may have not been selected to proceed further at this time, you will remain on our eligibility list for future consideration. We encourage you to continue your studies in Fire Science and check our website for future openings.
We wish you success in your future endeavors.
At the time of your interview, you will need to provide the following documents:
• Drivers License
• Current CPAT (see below for details)
• Current EMT Certification Card
Testing will conducted through the National Testing Network www.NationalTestingNetwork.com and is by invitiation only. Interviews are being held at the Public Safety Administration Building for Fire and Police, located at 8351 W. Cinnabar, Peoria, AZ 85345. If you have received notification please follow the instructions included on scheduling your test date or interview. Interviews will be set on a first come, first served basis.
Please read the information listed below in its entirety, as it may answer your question(s).
The Peoria Fire Department may utilize this recruitment eligibility list to fill vacancies and will remain active through June 2012.
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements and provide the necessary documentation at the time of their scheduled Oral Boards tentatively scheduled for August 2011.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED
• Must have or be able to obtain a valid Arizona Drivers License (operator, D) and have maintained a good driving record (fewer than 8 points the previous 3 years) and present a 39 month DMV driving record. This driving record can be obtained at http://servicearizona.com
• Proof of a valid Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic Certification with the State of Arizona or National Registry. For information regarding Arizona State Certifications, please visit the Arizona Department of Health Services web site at: www.hs.state.az.us/bems/course.htm. We will also accept a National Registry for EMT or Paramedic Certification. Candidates hired, may be required by the Peoria Fire Department to obtain a certification thru Arizona Department of Health Services.
• Proof of successful completion of a Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) from a licensed agency (i.e. community college, private testing agency, etc.) within 6 months of interview date
If you are selected to move forward in the hiring process, we will contact you directly to schedule future appointments.
All dates are subject to change. Please continue to visit our website for the most current information.