Welcome to Peoria's newsroom! Here you will find the latest news and information about events in Peoria, Arizona.
Construction Begins on Loop 303 in January
The Arizona Department of Transportation will be doing construction on Loop 303 from the US 60 to I-17 in Phoenix, Peoria and Surprise. The work consists of installing closed circuit television cameras, dynamic message signs, mainline and ramp detection system, thermal cameras, fiber optic network infrastructure, power services and related components. This project is primarily for wrong-way driver detection. Below are the dates of closures in Peoria:
- Jan. 10 at 10 p.m. to Jan. 11 at 12 p.m. northbound Loop 303 from El Mirage Road to Happy Valley Road.
- Jan. 10 at 10 p.m. to Jan. 11 at 12 p.m. northbound Loop 303 from Happy Valley Road to Lone Mountain Parkway.
- Jan. 12 at 9 p.m. to Jan. 13 at 5 a.m. northbound Loop 303 on-ramp at Lake Pleasant Parkway.
- Jan. 17 at 10 p.m. to Jan. 18 at 12 p.m. southbound Loop 303 from Lake Pleasant Parkway to Lone Mountain Parkway.
- Jan. 18 at 10 p.m. to Jan. 19 at 12 p.m. southbound Loop 303 on-ramp at El Mirage Road.
For more information, call the project hotline at 602-712-8530.