Sustainability Action Plan: Transportation
Goals and measures for this category:
- Create a range of transportation choices and provide for connectivity; decrease commuter road congestion; create the efficient use of existing urban services and facilities, as an alternative to extending new facilities; and encourage energy conservation through reduced reliance on the automobile.
- Encourage transit-oriented developments that address all transportation options (vehicular, pedestrian, bicycle, bus and rail). Increase the use of public transit amongst the public.
- Encourage and support the development of a multi-modal path and trail network as an alternative safe route that connects with adjacent regional networks.
- Improve transportation options for the community and end vehicle idling.
- Seek local, state, and federal funding sources that provide funds for multi-modal transportation and better connect the community to the City’s open space areas.