City of Peoria Press Release
Printer Friendly Version
Looking for Events to Get You Into Holiday Spirit?
The city of Peoria is hosting several events to get you ready for holiday 2012
The city of Peoria is hosting several events to get
you ready for holiday 2012:
- 5K Turkey Trot & Mashed Potato Mile Fun Walk for seniors on Wednesday, Nov. 14 at Rio Vista Community Park, 8866 W. Thunderbird Road.
- Senior will be get a turkey dinner on Wednesday, Nov. 21 at the Peoria Community Center, 8335 W. Jefferson Street.
- Holiday Blood Drive on Nov. 21 at the municipal campus. Call Norma Bonaski at 623-773-7432 or email email@example.com.
- 25th Annual ARR Thanksgiving Day Classic on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22; 6:30 a.m. registration; first race 8 a.m. Begin your Thanksgiving Day celebration helping a great cause. The Peoria Diamond Club, Arizona Road Racers and hundreds of runners will be participating in a 10-mile & 5K runs and 1-mile Fun Run/Walk. Online registration at www.active.com or register day of the event. ARR and Peoria Pantry will also be collecting toys for needy children and donations. For
more information, call (602) 954-8341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After Thanksgiving fitness program at Rio Vista Recreation Center: Walk the Turkey Off from Nov. 23-25. Walk 1 mile on the track Friday - Sunday & be entered into a raffle for one free month added to your pass (one raffle ticket per day); Climb the wall and win on Friday, Nov. 23 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Climb to the top of the wall to grab your prize! One prize per person. Pedal Off the Pounds on Friday, Nov. 23, FREE Cycle Fit classes! Receive a reusable water bottle with participation. Registration required. Register at the front desk or call 623-773-8600.
- As for charities, the city is working with the local Lions Club to collect supplies for the troops. Bins have been placed throughout the municipal campus. For more information, contact Rachelle Barrett at 623-974-3239.