Self-Certification Pilot Program
The Self-Certification Pilot Program for Building Tenant Improvement Permits is another way in which the City of Peoria is committed to enhancing customer service for our building community, while ensuring safety standards remain our number one priority.
The Self-Certification Pilot Program benefits….
- Eliminates building plan review for Licensed Design Professionals who qualify for the program
- Faster permit process for eligible projects, building permits can be issued within three business days
- Focus on safety – Certified pros take responsibility for and certify projects compliance with building code, standards, and ordinances
Tenant improvement projects for non-residential occupancies EXCLUDING buildings or portions of buildings:
- Exceeding two stories in height
- Exceeding 15,000 square feet in area
- Including any "H" occupancy
How do I become certified?
Pass and maintain Building Plans Examiner Certification from the International Code Council. For more information on how to register for the examination visit: www.iccsafe.org/certification/pages/default.aspx
Arizona Licensed Design Professionals must attend a Self-Certification training class offered by the City of Phoenix. For information on how to register for this training visit: phoenix.gov/pdd/topics/scp.html
Once you are certified….
Once certified, you must complete and provide the required forms necessary for Counter Intake Submittal. Providing all items are received and complete, your permit will be issued within 3 business days.
Information handouts and forms are available for download below: Looking For a Self-Certified Professional
Businesses looking to hire a Self-Certified Professional can find a complete list at phoenix.gov/pdd/topics/scp.html.
Economic Development Services
9875 N. 85th Avenue, 1st floor
Peoria, AZ 85345