SEXUALLY ORIENTED BUSINESS APPLICATION CHECKLIST
(All items must be completed before application and fees can be accepted)
All forms must be printed to paper and signed.
Sexually oriented businesses shall be classified as follows:
(a) Adult arcades; (b) Adult bookstores; (c) Adult cabarets; (d) Adult motels; (e) Adult motion picture theaters; (f) Nude Model Studios; (g) Sex Club; and (h) Any combination of classifications set forth in subsections (a) through (g) above.
(Ord. No. 98-16, 3/17/98, Enacted);(Ord. No. 00-13, 3/7/00,
Amended (f) and added (g) and renumbered to conform) SUPP 2000-1
||Non-refundable application fee $70.00 includes $50.00 License fee and $20.00 Planning & Zoning Fee.
||Peoria City Code sec. 11-100 to 11-118
Application packet must contain the following (links to documents/forms in fillable PDF format in blue)
1. City of Peoria Business License Application form (application must be signed under oath by applicant and notarized)
2. Zoning clearance form
3. Police ID Application form
4. Police Business Description form
5. Vendor Licensing Background Checklist form
6. Two Fingerprint Cards (obtained from independent fingerprinting agency - call business to verify it continues to provide)
7. Two photos (passport size can be obtained from Walgreens or CVS)
8. ID Card with thumb print & signature (obtained at City cashier window)
9. Two (2) forms of ID, at least one being a picture ID and one providing proof of age.
10. Arizona Workers Act Compliance guidelines (1)
(1)A business ownership that is considered to be an individual, sole proprietor, husband/wife, partnership must comply with the guideline per State of Arizona statute. A corporation, LLC, etc. is not considered to be an individual.
Link to A.R.S. 41-1080
11. Fire Affidavit form
Your completed Application packet will be processed by:
- Peoria Tax and Licensing Division
- Peoria Police Department
- Planning & Zoning
- Peoria Fire Department
Approval/Denial Timeframe: Not to exceed 120 days from time of application acceptance. Upon approval a Privilege (Sales) Tax License is issued.
Business License Submission Address:
City of Peoria
Customer Service Department
8401 W. Monroe St., Ste.130
Peoria, AZ 85345