SECOND HAND DEALER APPLICATION CHECKLIST
(All items must be completed before application and fees can be accepted)
All forms must be printed to paper and signed.
||Secondhand dealer/Antique dealer means any person engaged in conducting, managing or carrying on the business of buying, selling, trading or exchanging, or otherwise dealing in second hand goods, wares, merchandises, or articles, whether such business be the principal or sole business so carried on, managed, or conducted or be merely incidental to in connection with, or a branch or a department of some other business. (Code 1977, art. 9-5(E))
||Non-refundable application fee $132.00 includes Second Hand Dealer License fee $40.00 ( Code 2-219(a)), Annual Background Check fee $22.00 (Code 2-220(a)), Planning & Zoning fee $20.00 (Code 2-213(a)) & Privilege/Use Tax License fee $50.00.
||Peoria City Code sec. 11-221 to 11-225
Application packet must contain the following (links to documents/forms in filable PDF format in blue)
1. City of Peoria Business License Application form
2. Zoning clearance form
3. Police ID Application form
4. Police Business Description form
5. Vendor Licensing Backgroun Checklist form
6. Police Department Responsbile Party form
7. Fingerprint Card (obtained from an independent fingerprint agency - call business to verify it continues to provide)
8. Two photos (passport size - can be obtained from Walgreens or CVS)
9. ID Card with thumb print & signature (City cashier window)
10. Two (2) forms of ID, at least one being a picture ID
11. Arizona Workers Act Compliance guidelines (1)
(1)A business ownership that is considered to be an individual, sole proprietor, husband/wife, partnership must comply with the guideline per State of Arizona statute. A corporation, LLC, etc. is not considered to be an individual.
Link to A.R.S. 41-1080
12. Fire Affidavit form
Your completed Application packet will be processed by:
- Peoria Tax and Licensing Division
- Peoria Police Department
- Community Development
- Peoria Fire Department
Approval/Denial Timeframe: Not to exceed 120 days from time of application acceptance. Upon approval a Privilege (Sales) Tax License is approved.
Business License Submission Address:
Upon denial The Finance Department shall deny the application if any of the requirements of subsection 9(c) of this section have not been met. In the event of denial the applicant shall be notified by mail of the denial and the reasons therefore. The applicant may appeal such denial pursuant to the provisions of this Chapter. 11-223(f)
City of Peoria
Customer Service Department
8401 W. Monroe St., Ste.130
Peoria, AZ 85345