PAWNBROKER APPLICATION CHECKLIST
(All items must be completed before application and fees can be accepted)
All forms must be printed to paper and signed.
||For City of Peoria Sections 11-238 through 11-242, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms shall have the meanings given in Section 44-1621, Arizona Revised Statutes: loan, pawn ticket, pawn transaction, pawnbroker, pawnshop, pledged goods, pledgor, and redeem or redemption.
||Non-refundable application fee $132.00 includes Second Hand Dealer License fee $40.00 (Code 2-219(a)), Annual Background Check fee $22.00 (Code 2-220(a)), Planning & Zoning fee $20.00 (Code 2-213(a)) & Privilege/Use Tax License fee $50.00.
||Sections stipulated above
Application packet must contain the following (links to documents/forms in filable PDF format in blue)
1. City of Peoria Business License Application form
2. Zoning clearance form, (if located within City limits)
3. Police ID Application form
4. Police Business Description
5. Police Department Responsible Party form
6. Vendor Licensing Background Checklist form
7. Arizona Workers Act Compliance guidelines (1)
(1)A business ownership that is considered to be an individual, sole proprietor, husband/wife, partnership must comply with the guideline per State of Arizona statute. A corporation, LLC, etc. is not considered to be an individual.
Link to A.R.S. 41-1080
8. ID Card with thumb print & signature (obtained at City cashier window)
9. Fingerprint Card (obtained from an independent fingerprint agency - call business to verify it continues to provide)
10. Two photos (passport size - can be obtained from Walgreens or CVS)
11. Two forms of ID, at least one being a picture ID
12. Fire Affidavit form
Your completed Application packet will be processed by:
- Peoria Tax and Licensing Division
- Peoria Police Department
- Planning & Zoning
- Peoria Fire Department
Approval/Denial Timeframe: Not to exceed 120 days from time of application acceptance. Upon approval a Privilege (Sales) Tax License is issued.
Business License Submission Address:
City of Peoria
Customer Service Department
8401 W. Monroe St., Ste.130
Peoria, AZ 85345