Peoria SUPPORT Services
- Liaison between citizens in need and nonprofit organizations
- Collaboration and partnerships between the City of Peoria and outside organizations
- Awareness Series seminars
- Annual Nonprofit Event
- Fair housing information and issue resolution
Download the Community Resource Guide below in English or Spanish
Community Resource Guide (PDF)
Community Resource Guide Spanish (PDF)
News and Information
For information on free tax services in Peoria for qualifying individuals, check out these locations:
AARP Tax Assistance
Social Security Benefit Planning Class
July 29, 2015 5:00—6:30 pm
Peoria Support has invited a representative from The Social Security Administration to share information regarding retirement and social security benefits. If you’ve been wondering about any of the following questions, then this seminar is for you!**
• What are the requirements to receive the benefits?
• What are some different filing options I have?
• What resources/tools can help me decide when to file?
• Can I work and get benefits at the same time?
• Can other family members get benefits if I file?
• How is my benefit calculated (what years are used)?
• How does Medicare fit into my Retirement benefits?
• How can I create a personal my Social Security account to see my earnings history and benefit estimates?
Jack Burns, Public Affairs Specialist for Social Security in Arizona, has worked with Social Security for almost 13 years, many of those years either directly assisting those filing for benefits with Social Security or supervising and training the staff that does this in our local offices. He also educates the community on benefits and services of Social Security.
**IMPORTANT: Please create FREE my Social Security account online at http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ prior to attending
Location: Sunrise Mountain Library - 21109 N 98th Ave, Peoria AZ 85382
Understanding & Responding to Dementia-Related Behaviors
August 18, 2015 10:00—11:00 am
Effective Communication Strategies with Someone with Alzheimer’s
August 18, 2015 11:15—12:15 pm
The Alzheimer’s Association will hold two educational seminars back-to-back for your convenience...attend one or both, either way they are FREE to attend! Behavior is a powerful form of communication and is often the primary way for people with dementia to communicate as the ability to use language is lost. However, some behaviors can be challenging so the first seminar will give you insight into this and help you identify common behavior triggers. The second seminar will teach you how to connect and communicate at each stage of the disease and learn strategies to help intervene with some of the most common behavioral challenges of Alzheimer’s disease.
Location: Rio Vista Recreation Ctr, 8866-A W Thunderbird Rd, Peoria AZ 85382
Download the Free Seminars Flyer (PDF)
Being an intergenerational community has many benefits for both young and old. Please click on this link to view the video highlighting various ways cities, citizens and nonprofits are working together to create age-friendly communities: Connect60Plus.com
To register for any of these seminars, e-mail: Debbie.email@example.com or call 623-773-7070623-773-7070