West Wing Mountain Trails
27100 N. WestWing Parkway
Peoria, AZ 85383
If you have further questions on the City of Peoria's hiking trails, please contact Kirk Haines at 623-773-7120 or email Kirk.Haines@PeoriaAz.Gov.
|Mountain Trailhead Parking Area |
Parking is available between 6:00 a.m. and dusk at WestWing Neighborhood park, located at 27100 N. WestWing Parkway. The park offers restroom facilities, drinking fountain and access to both Sunrise and WestWing Mountain trails.
Although more convenient parking can be found within the adjacent neighborhoods, we request that you use this trailhead location to lessen the impact on adjacent homeowners.
| || |
|Advanced Trail|| |
| ||Click Here to View or Download the Map » (PDF 9.40M)|
|Extreme Trail|| |
|Click Here to View or Download the Map » (PDF 9.41M)|
Photos courtesy of Dennis Smith
Mountain Trail Rules
- Trails are closed from sundown to sunrise. (PCC 18-63)
- Motorized vehicles are not allowed on the trails, and are restricted to designated parking areas only. (PCC 18-64)
Click here to learn more on motorized and recreation vehicles on desert lands.
- Pets must be restrained on a leash, no longer than six feet in length, and pet waste must be cleaned up and properly disposed of. (PCC 18-66)
- Do not chase, harass, or harm wildlife. Marking, defacing, destruction, tampering, or removal of equipment, plants, and structures is prohibited. (PCC 18-66)
- Alcoholic beverages and glass containers are prohibited on trails, trailheads, and parking areas.
(PCC 18-65, PCC 18-69)
- Ride at a reasonable speed, and with regard to the safety of others. (PCC 18-64, PCC 18-66)
- Enjoy the beauty of wild plants and animals, but leave them undisturbed for all to treasure. Stay on groomed trails.
- Use care and know your ability.
- Bring plenty of water.
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- If encountered, most animals will not bother you unless threatened. Back off and give them room to escape.