Sunrise Mountain Trail
Trail Head Location:
27100 N. WestWing Parkway
Peoria, AZ 85383
To view map click here
If you have further questions on the City of Peoria's hiking trails, please contact Kirk Haines at 623-773-7120 or email Kirk.Haines@PeoriaAz.Gov.
Maps are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader to be able to view them. Click here to learn more about Acrobat Reader.
Photos courtesy of Dennis Smith
Mountain Trail Rules
- Trails are closed from sundown to sunrise. (PCC 18-63)
- Motorized vehicles are not allowed on the trails, and are restricted to designated parking areas only. (PCC 18-64)
Click here to learn more on motorized and recreation vehicles on desert lands.
- Pets must be restrained on a leash, no longer than six feet in length, and pet waste must be cleaned up and properly disposed of. (PCC 18-66)
- Do not chase, harass, or harm wildlife. Marking, defacing, destruction, tampering, or removal of equipment, plants, and structures is prohibited. (PCC 18-66)
- Alcoholic beverages and glass containers are prohibited on trails, trailheads, and parking areas.
(PCC 18-65, PCC 18-69)
- Ride at a reasonable speed, and with regard to the safety of others. (PCC 18-64, PCC 18-66)
- Enjoy the beauty of wild plants and animals, but leave them undisturbed for all to treasure. Stay on groomed trails.
- Use care and know your ability.
- Bring plenty of water.
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- If encountered, most animals will not bother you unless threatened. Back off and give them room to escape.