High-Efficiency Toilet Rebate - up to $100
Effective January 14, 2013, the Water Conservation Rebate Program is closed and no longer distributing or accepting rebate applications. The Water Conservation Rebate Program will resume at the start of the next fiscal year in July 1, 2013 pending City Council budget approval.
Purpose: To encourage residents to upgrade their toilets with high-efficiency units in their homes. Older traditional toilets use as much as 7 gallons per flush.
Description: High-efficiency toilets (HETs) are rated 1.3 gallons per flush or less. Toilets installed in homes prior to 1994 typically had flush rates in the 2.5 to 7.0 gallons per flush. Replacing these toilets with HETs will significantly reduce water consumption over time.
Requirements: An account holder will be eligible to receive a rebate if he/she meets the following qualifications:
- A City of Peoria water OR sewer customer (not trash only). Must have an individual account directly billed by the City of Peoria.
- A copy of the purchase receipt
- All homes built in 1994 to present are ineligible.
- Toilet being replaced must be 3.5 gallons per flush (or higher).
- HETs must be purchased on or after July 1, 2013.
- New toilet must be EPA WaterSense labeled. Click here for the list of acceptable replacement toilets
- A copy of the purchase receipt is required before the application can be processed.
- The rebate amount may not exceed the amount paid for the HET before tax.
- Maximum of three toilet credits per utility account.
Procedure: All potential applicants must first complete an Rebate Application Request Form. To request an application, complete the online REBATE APPLICATION REQUEST FORM or call (623) 773-7286. Once your name, address, phone number, and account number have been verified, an official application will be sent via email or through the mail.
After installing the high-efficiency toilet, complete the application and submit it to the Environmental Resources Division. A member of our staff will review your application and purchase receipt. After approval of your application, the credit amount will be credited to your City of Peoria utility account within 1-2 billing cycles. A member of the Environmental Resources Division staff will notify you once this occurs.
Environmental Resources Division