Peoria Fire Department
Annexation Questions Answered
The City of Peoria has recently updated its Citizen Annexation Manual.
Learn more about the benefits and opportunities of becoming a resident of the city.
Want to join the Fire Department? Fire Recruitment Information
Water Safety Tips
Drowning is the second leading cause of injury related deaths for children ages 1-14. We lose almost 900 children each year to drowning related deaths and thousands more are hospitalized. Though swimming pools are a major source of these drownings, children can drown in as little as one inch of water. By carefully practicing water safety, you can reduce these risks greatly.
- No one should swim alone. This includes adults.
- Supervise your children around any water, not just pools.
- At least one adult should be a full time supervisor when children are around water. This means their full attention is on the children at all times. They should not participate in any distracting activities like reading, talking on the phone or playing games.
- Children should learn to swim at about age 4.
- All members of the family should learn CPR (offered by the City of Peoria Fire Department).
- Make sure your home pool has a fence with a self-closing and self-latching gate.
- Keep a phone near the pool. In case of an emergency dial 911.
- Do not keep toys in or around the pool. This may encourage children to reach for the toys and fall in.
- Keep children away from buckets with liquids in them. Children can drown in as little as one inch of water.
- Close and secure toilet lids.
- Use a proper floatation device for children who cannot swim yet. Water wings and other 'toys' should not be used as personal floatation devices. These may give parents a false sense of security. Air-filled water wings can puncture and deflate.
Community Emergency Notification System (CENS)
CENS is the Community Emergency Notification System. The system is designed to rapidly notify an affected area of an emergency by sending a recorded message through the telephone system. Learn more.
Learn more about:
We are committed to protecting and caring for our neighbors, our guests and each other while maintaining the communities trust and respect through superior life safety services.
Serving With Strength, Honor, Compassion
If you have interacted with our Counter Services, Plan Review Services or Inspection Services please leave us a comment to let us know how we are doing.
For ALL Emergency calls Dial 911
8351 West Cinnabar
Peoria, AZ 85345
Hours of Operation:
After hours Non-Emergency
Phoenix Alarm Room